Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bobbin holder problem >

Bobbin holder problem

Bobbin holder problem

Old 10-09-2013, 08:46 AM

Unhappy Bobbin holder problem

Hello,
I'm new to the Quilting board and I'm hoping that someone can help me with what is probably a very simple fix but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out myself. I have a Tin Lizzy 18 and the bobbin holder seems to have worn out because I can no longer loosen or tighten the tension and my stitches are of course not correct. I purchased three new bobbin holders and all of the inner springs were loose. Initially we had the same problem with the old Lizzy bobbin holder when we bought the machine but over time it seems to have worked it's self out. With these new bobbin holders, well, I spent over an hour trying to get the darn spring on the inside to lay flat. One of the three bobbin holders finally did but I'm sure there must be a specific way to do it right the first time as I've no idea how I got it finally to lay flat. I'm terrified of the bobbin holder accidently falling on the floor and that darn spring falling out again. Help!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

I have a tin lizzie and haven't had this problem. I will say that my dealer told me to insert the bobbin casing while holding that little lever open. I had the bobbin case fall out once or twice. Since then I've learned that you are not supposed to hold the lever open. Position the case and press until it clicks in place.

There is a board dedicated to Tin Lizzies on Yahoo. They could probably help you more there. Just google "tin lizzie yahoo group".

Hope you still visit here!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:37 PM

Thank you for the lead. It's not the bobbin holder itself, it's the little curled flat spring on the inside of the holder that's giving me problems. I'll try the Tin Lizzy yahoo group to see if anyone else knows what I'm talking about. There are absolutely no instructions anywhere I can find on how to put it in the bobbin holder correctly. I'm sure it's something easy I just can't figure it out. Thanks again.