Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bobbin  is STUCK! HELP!! >

Bobbin is STUCK! HELP!!

Bobbin is STUCK! HELP!!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 AM

I only have this problem with the monoline ( clear thread) it winds nice and smooth.... but I am unable to remove it from the winder... even when I load less than 1/3 of a bobbin.... anyone have any suggestions??? Brother was of NO help.... they basic anaser was.. we dont test that thread so we dont know.... grrrrrrrr
Old 10-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

is it winding too tight? placing pressure on the outside of the bobbin? try slowing way down when you wind it...is it possible to wind them while you control the speed? i only had this problem once...in my case i did not have the thread traveling through the correct places and it wound very very tight. i had to start over, making sure my thread was held on a spindle and 'threaded' through the proper places, and i had to slow way down. mine actually goes through the tension disks and when i had the problem the thread was (on) the disks but not between them like it should have been.
not all monofiliment thread is created equal, some stretches alot...and causes tightening.less speed should help
Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

Have you seen the replies to your other post about this? Here's a link to that thread (ha-ha no pun intended!):
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-67878-1.htm
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM

Seems to me this thread is giving you more hassle than it is worth -- I would cut it off the bobbin and use something else. I can't stand monofilament thread.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:11 AM

thanks for the link... i was never able to FIND the other post.. and had begun to think I just thought I had posted!!!! thats why I reposted.. thanks... I"ll ck them out as well
Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 AM
mac

Why not try using one of the battery driven bobbin winders they have on the market these days. I bought mine at JoAnns (or was it Hancocks?) in either case, I had a 50% off coupon and it was only $12.50. Note: these are not worth buying at the full price of $25.00.

If you belong to 'freecycle', you can always see if anyone has one to give to you for free.

Other than that, I agree with everyone else, wind your bobbin more slowly and use a metal bobbin. I once had a plastic bobbin burst open when I filled it too fast and too full. It was rather shocking to see the top of the bobbin shoot up in the air and all the thread pop off like a big coiled slinky toy. :shock: :?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 AM

itis not my favorite thread either... and for the 2 bobbins I had stuck, I broke off and cut away the thread......
but this is a partially finished quilt, that I started with this thread and had no previous problems with ( different machine)
Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 AM

this machine does not agree with the metal bobbins... I've had to go with all new plastics ones...

wow... I've never had a bobbin burst on me!!!! I bet that was shocking!

I have wondered about the solo winders... but wasnt sure...

I can control the speed of the winding ... I'll try that.. thanks everyone!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

If you lose one of your topics, at the top of the page click on My Topics, it will show a list of all of the topics you have created :D:D:D
Old 10-04-2010, 01:21 PM

thanks for the help AMMA!! I thought I did that, but still could not find it.

Also, thanks to everyone.... loading the bobbin slower was the answer!!! YEA~~~~!!!!