Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bobbin winders

I have seen the ads for those all over the place, but does any one know where to buy them at? Are they in stores yet??

I found them in a Mary Maxim Magazine! Also in the Keep Quilting Magazine. $29.95 plus shipping.
    L R S

my local jo-anns had one (yes, only one, as i believe they are pretty popular). it was on the notions wall/aisle.

I also got mine at Joanns. Wait until you get a coupon. I used a 40% off coupon when I got mine.

There is one here

http://www.thelittlehuntingcreekcompany.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=849

What does everyone think of those?

I work at a local shop and several...meaning more than 3 folks have purchased and do not like them. They say they are a waste of money. It doesn't wind as tightly has a machine bobbin winder would and it seems to break. The owner of the shop when she was in Quilt Market in the fall look at the vendor of these new notions and even the vendor couldn't get the winder to work right.

If you are using a 50% off coupon and basically trying it for $10, it might be worth the risk. I personally would not get one.

I think it would be money wasted on another dust collector. I've finally learned to wind enough bobbins before I start (usually). But the winder is acting crazy on my favorite machine so if I didn't have others to wind them on I would be grateful for one. So in that instance I think it's a wonderful invention.

I bought mine at Joanns, they still have tons there. I would use my coupon because they are pretty expensive. It doesn't work for all machines. I have pastic bobbins for my Viking which they won't fit,However it works for my Featherweight. Did I waste my money? Yes.
    Donna

Blog Entries
    i brought my frist one at a company called sew and vac i placed my order and i had to wait 2 month for it because they had to strat selling them the month of november and tthen i got a news letter from hancocks where they had a sale for the winding bobbin you buy 2 for $29.95,i jump at the sale so sign up for your newletters it helps :D :D :D :D :D :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast