Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bought myself some nice left handed scissors

Bought myself some nice left handed scissors

I'm left handed. So when I found some left handed scissors I bought them up. Right handed scissors are really hard on my hand. I found them at Walmart for about $8.00. I went to use them and I can't. Apparently I have been using right handed scissors upside down for so long I don't know how to use left handed scissors.

Whenever I think I have it lined up on my cutting line I go to cut and it's either way below the line or way above the line. It really messes with my seam allowance. So I ended up going back to using right handed scissors upside down. When my husband asked me why I wasn't using my new scissors I just told him I was the Jimi Hendrix of the quilting world.

Blog Entries
    Ahh, I have a sister. I can't use Gingher true left handed scissors. Most LH scissors have just the handle switched - I love those, but a true LH pair with the blades switched doesn't work for me. My favorites are the Gingher lightweight with the black plastic handle. With a coupon at JoAnn's, they aren't too much. Mondial work well for me, too.

I laughed out loud, I am left handed as well and have always used scissors upside down, i didnt know they were upside down that is just how they work, I purchased a left handed per of Ginghers, and returned them, I couldnt cut with them to save my life. Glad to know im not only one. LOL

It's amazing how we left-handers adjust to a right-hand world .... then when we find products just for us, we have difficulty using them. We know we are the best!!!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    Good for you!! I certainly can't get right handed scissors to work in my left hand.

Blog Entries
    Most of mine are hand neutral but, I do have one pair of LHS that I put on my desk at work just to see the reaction of everyone that tries to use them with their right hand.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop