Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bow tuck pattern

Ive seen the fabulous purses that everyone has made and decided to order one myself. However after receiving the pattern im lost as to how to start... Im a hands on learner or video learner. So Im finding it hard to start hehe :lol:

Blog Entries
    There is a topic in tutorials that might help you.

Blog Entries

I also just order the pattern, I am waiting on mine but I found this great tut. on the board go under the tutorials I have it bookmark cause I figure I would need it after reading so much trouble with the others who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by odomjenn
    Ive seen the fabulous purses that everyone has made and decided to order one myself. However after receiving the pattern im lost as to how to start... Im a hands on learner or video learner. So Im finding it hard to start hehe :lol:
    I was like that too and just decided to jump in with both feet. So far I have it all done just have to attach the handles and sew the inside to the outside. I was afraid to start for a long time but glad I did. Just read and reread the instructions and also the bow tuck picture tutorial was also a big help:) You can do it can't wait to see your finished bag!

Blog Entries
    I was the same way, I had the pattern but was afraid to start it. Well, I finally got it done, but noticed after I was finished that I put the the loop on the wrong side so the button is also on the wrong side. Oh well, other than that it looks ok.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barbsmith
    I was the same way, I had the pattern but was afraid to start it. Well, I finally got it done, but noticed after I was finished that I put the the loop on the wrong side so the button is also on the wrong side. Oh well, other than that it looks ok.
    I did that too on my first purse that I made. If you don't tell anyone, they won't know that you have it on the wrong side. :D

Sounds like something I would do. I still haven't bought the pattern but need to. Can you tell me where you all ordered yours from? Thanks.

Once you make one, they are very easy. I love making them.

I ordered mine from Ebay. It kinda helps in some aspects hehe but I'm going to get some fabric soon to dive right in!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast