Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bow tuck pattern >

bow tuck pattern

bow tuck pattern

Old 11-06-2010, 05:21 PM

Are you the person that was going to make it out of a ASU or AUS (military uniform?) I can never keep those letters right :lol: I never thought to check out ebay for a pattern. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:49 PM

I got the regular sized and the mini bow tuck pattern off of ebay.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by loya99
Sounds like something I would do. I still haven't bought the pattern but need to. Can you tell me where you all ordered yours from? Thanks.
I don't remember where I ordered it from. I think I googled "bow tuck tote" and got several hits from quilt shops. I paid $9.00 for it but shipping was free, which was actually cheaper than ordering it online from some of the large fabric stores.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by loya99
Are you the person that was going to make it out of a ASU or AUS (military uniform?) I can never keep those letters right :lol: I never thought to check out ebay for a pattern. Thanks.
Hehe yeah its me,out of my husbands ACU's or Army Combat Uniform. Gotta love the acronyms, my neighbor is a quilter she said she wouldn't mind teaching me so I may wait until she gets back from out of state to make sure im doing it right. However Im thinking to make it easier next time that when I cut each piece to trace it on paper so next time It will be easier for me. Then trace those on cardboard or poster board to have like a "hard" copy.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by odomjenn
Ive seen the fabulous purses that everyone has made and decided to order one myself. However after receiving the pattern im lost as to how to start... Im a hands on learner or video learner. So Im finding it hard to start hehe :lol:
I bought the patterns for both the regular and mini bow tucks and was really surprised at how poorly they were done. I just don't understand why more pictures and diagrams weren't included.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Originally Posted by odomjenn
Ive seen the fabulous purses that everyone has made and decided to order one myself. However after receiving the pattern im lost as to how to start... Im a hands on learner or video learner. So Im finding it hard to start hehe :lol:
I bought the patterns for both the regular and mini bow tucks and was really surprised at how poorly they were done. I just don't understand why more pictures and diagrams weren't included.
I agree! Just reading it is like another language for some, others understand it just fine.