Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breast Cancer

Banned
    A fellow board member of mine - his wife was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She had a mamogram in November and was clean and now this week is not.

I'd like to make her a quilt - she starts treatment next week.

I'm a new quilter - that said - does anyone have a simple; easy; newbie quilt idea I cna make for her?

Blog Entries
    Disappearing Nine Patch made with 5 inch squares. Do not plan on setting it on point if you are on a time limit.

cut 4.5" or so strips and sew them together width of fabric add borders to make it large enough ~ goes very fast.

Warm Wishes and rail fence are 2 that come to mind, or even a 9P with alternating say white squares is an easy one.

Blog Entries
    Oh how my heart goes out to her. Have been there 19 years now and still counting. Can't imagine the comfort that I would have felt if someone had gifted me with a quilt when I was going through that. Times have changed so much. My DIL who has gone through this now is sewing quilts for local cancer treatment center. She said she was so cold while she was taking treatments and would have loved her own bright quilt. She was not living around here and such a private person, sadly, we knew very little of what she was going through. I was not making quilts at that time, or she surely would have had her own.

I am sure whatever you make will be very much appreciated.

Banned
    [quote=annieshane]Oh how my heart goes out to her. Have been there 19 years now and still counting. Can't imagine the comfort that I would have felt if someone had gifted me with a quilt when I was going through that. Times have changed so much. My DIL who has gone through this now is sewing quilts for local cancer treatment center. She said she was so cold while she was taking treatments and would have loved her own bright quilt. She was not living around here and such a private person, sadly, we knew very little of what she was going through. I was not making quilts at that time, or she surely would have had her own.

Should I go with a bright - colorful quilt or something pink?

I did this one earlier this month for practice that I can recreate

or should I go with something different?

I don't know what would be appropriate but I do remember - like you - when my dad had cancer he said he was always freezing when he went for treatments.

I used fleece for the backing to make it really soft
    Name:  Attachment-158143.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  72.6 KB

Your quilt is wonderful..... bright colors, pale colors, who cares???? It's the thought that will mean so much to her. You are a wonderful friend..... Just do whatever touches your heart. It will touch hers, too.

What a wonderful thought. I know your friend will appreciate the quilt very much. I will pray for her. I know the quilt will bring much comfort to her.

Look at my All Square Tube quilt tutorial. Very easy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    Look at my All Square Tube quilt tutorial. Very easy.
    Thanks Dotty - I actually have that tutorial book marked!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast