Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Breast Cancer >

Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer

Old 01-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north
Your quilt is wonderful..... bright colors, pale colors, who cares???? It's the thought that will mean so much to her. You are a wonderful friend..... Just do whatever touches your heart. It will touch hers, too.
I agree, color does not matter! The love you are sharing with her is what does. I wish her all the best.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

this is what I came up with today....

I think I'm going to do a cream colored border or see if I can find a cream color with brown polka dots to reverse the brown/cream. Thoughts?

Of course its only cut out - not sewn yet.....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158541.jpe  
Old 01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

I think it's very pretty!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

Nice! Maybe use fleece or flannel for the back to make it so soft~
Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

Mariposa's idea is a good one.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Mariposa's idea is a good one.
In the picture is some pink material that looks "bumpy"...its not fleece but stretch and really really soft - I don't know what it is called but I found it with the baby fabric at JoAnn's - I was thinking of using that instead of plain fleece....

I made too many squares and so I'm going to make a tote bag to match to carry the quilt in.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 PM

Make her a quillo, that's a quilt that folds into a pillow. I make them out of flannel and polar fleece. they are fast and easy to make. Best of all they are great to carry around while traveling. Good luck. Don't forget that if she is having Kemo she will need a kemo hat, also made out of polar fleece. Watch Joann's for sales on polar fleece and you will be able to get it for fifty percent off.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:38 PM

Make her a quillo, that's a quilt that folds into a pillow. I make them out of flannel and polar fleece. they are fast and easy to make. Best of all they are great to carry around while traveling. Good luck. Don't forget that if she is having Kemo she will need a kemo hat, also made out of polar fleece. Watch Joann's for sales on polar fleece and you will be able to get it for fifty percent off.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ladybjbk
I have TONS of polar fleece - I make the blankets for our soccer parents with the school logo and kids name on it - so help me out how do you make a quillo AND a kemo hat?????
Old 01-12-2011, 08:21 PM

I will be honest with you my mom is a survivor and all the pink is what she calls a slap in the face reminder of the He** she went through. I would choose bright happy colors and stay away from the ribbons and such she is not alone in feeling that way. Thank you for doing this for your friend she will really love it my mom did!