Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broken foot control pedal :(

Quote Originally Posted by zyxquilts
    What kind of machine do you have FVG?
    Singer 140Q. The manual said the foot pedal was Yamamoto Electric, Model YC-482E

Quote Originally Posted by jstitch
    For online shopping, many vendors will take paypal as payment. All you need is a checking account.
    I know what Paypal is...but I don't have a checking account. :( Heck, I don't even have the ID so I can get some sort of banking account (I don't have the $30 to get an ID).

I think I might be able to buy one online...I forgot my mom has a debit card. If I give her the money for it, she might buy one for me online (I'll talk to her about it when I have the money). Where online can I buy this particular pedal foot model (and for a decent price...I don't know how much they typically sell for)?

bj
    V, I found this site that has what I think is broken on yours. For the model number you gave, the replacement on is $89.95. You might could shop around though and find one cheaper. Might be cheaper to let someone look at yours and see if it can be repaired. Good luck.

http://www.sewingstyle.com/Singer-Se...t-Control.html

Quote Originally Posted by bj
    V, I found this site that has what I think is broken on yours. For the model number you gave, the replacement on is $89.95. You might could shop around though and find one cheaper. Might be cheaper to let someone look at yours and see if it can be repaired. Good luck.

http://www.sewingstyle.com/Singer-Se...t-Control.html
    $89.95?! I think that's more than what the machine cost! :shock:

I did find a place in the phone book (why didn't I think about looking in there before?) that does sewing machine service and repair, but its in Tomah...its about half an hour away. There's also a sewing machine/parts dealer in there, too, but that's even further away in La Crosse (aka. "the city"). Wouldn't be a problem if my mom or one of my friends were heading in those directions, but nobody has made any plans to make a special trip to either place anytime soon.

...but the one in La Crosse does have a website listed. If I can get this stupid Internet to run faster maybe I could look to see if they sell online and have my foot pedal for a cheaper price.

Because you have dial-up, maybe calling would be faster and easier. You'd get an immediate response to your questions and not have to wait for an email. I know dial-up is a pain. I finally caved and got DSL and it makes a world of difference.

Good Luck flying v

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2