Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a "pedal stay" for your foot pedal?

Does anyone have a "pedal stay" for your foot pedal?

Have you tried one of these? I saw it advertised recently, but want to know if it really works. Here is a link to one http://www.pedal-sta.com/pedal-sta.html I am not promoting this...just wondering.

Blog Entries
    I've seen them, never tried them. My pedal would never have the courage to get away from me - the consequences are too great! LOL.
    Sally Dolin
    Rock Island, IL

Blog Entries
    You can use a piece of rubber mate. The kind that goes under a rug to keep it from slipping. Works really well.
    Linda

Yes, I used the one with velcro on the bottom of my foot pedal and on the stand. It was okay. but I had trouble getting the base/my foot set comfortably with where I was sitting to sew. Mine did better on carpet, but scooted around after we tiled.
    ~~ Butterflies can't see their wings.
    They can't see how truly beautiful they are,
    but everyone else can. People are kinda like that. ~~

I haven't tried it - but read where some people use the old mouse pads.

Go to Walmart and buy you a roll of the rubber stuff to keep rugs from moving.......cut you out a square and put u under your foot petal. Works like a charm and I find all kinds of uses for the remainder of the roll. Got the smallest roll I could find and was not costly.

delma

I have one & really, really like it. My little Featherweight foot pedal is fairly light & likes to scoot aroundso this really has been helpful. I just wish it were tipped (at an angle). I think that would be a more comfortable way to sew.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Ditto what delma__paulk said except buy it at the $ store. Even cheaper than Wal-Mart. Works for me.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

The pedal will only 'travel' as far as the cord is long. I shortened my cord by tying it.
    Ellie
    Quilter's Nook Studio
    www.quiltersnook.net

I turn my pedal around so that I'm actually depressing the high end of the pedal to sew, not the hinged end.
    Ellie
    Quilter's Nook Studio
    www.quiltersnook.net

Blog Entries
    I bought one, but found it made no difference at all. I thought it was because it was being used on carpet, But RuSewing's entry above would tend to discount that theory. I still have not found a satisfactory solution for "pedal creep".

If your peddle is moving why don't you use the stuff you put on shelfs that is like a rubber material? Don't know the name of it - but dishes will not slide.

I have the pedal stay II. Does not work well on hardwood floors as the back slides along the floor defeating the purpose. Does work well on carpeted floors, however.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

I PIF-ed one here on the QB, hoping someone with carpeting could use it, because it didn't really "stay" on our hardwood floor. Ended up gluing a piece of that rubbery shelving material onto the back of my presser foot and that works much better.

I have on. My pedal still slips. I think the piece of stuff that you put under rugs sounds great!
    Sharyl Dailey

Blog Entries
    I turned my Pfaff foot pedal upside down...works great without moving around.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I had one for a while. The felt pad separated from the plastic bottom. I loved it when it was together. I tried different glue to repair but no luck.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I got tired of hunting for my pedal under the bed, chair or table. I bought one of these and now I don't have to hunt for my pedal. It stays where it should be. You won't be sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter'sNook View Post
    I turn my pedal around so that I'm actually depressing the high end of the pedal to sew, not the hinged end.
    A friend of mine who was having back and leg problems said her PT told her to do this, among other things, to ease the pain when she's sewing. I'm not sure why.

I have the 'I' version & it doesn't work very well - every hour or two I'm chasing it down again to get it back into place. I have an area rug on the wood floor, and it doesn't grip to the carpet very well. So save your $$, as its a product that doesn't work!

I really like the old mouse pad idea, will give that one a try instead.

Just read the idea about gluing a piece of backing used to hold a carpet in place -- that sounds a great idea, too. I'll try that first, and then if it doesn't work, will go with the mouse pad idea. All the sharing of ideas is one of the very best benefits of this site....we all benefit from all the combined knowledge and experience!

i use a chunk of the rubbery shelf liner that is poufy/rubbery stuff that comes on a roll. it's great on shelves, under a kid's butt in a high chair, and under hubby's plate on the table (he has parkinson's, and slippery things are a real pain for him). the cost is pretty small for as much as comes on a roll, and i use it all around the house/camping, etc. makes a quick coaster, too...
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Blog Entries
    I just use a piece of the rubbery stuff that you use to open stubborn jars.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter'sNook View Post
    The pedal will only 'travel' as far as the cord is long. I shortened my cord by tying it.
    My, see simple logic works each time.....never thought of that...thanks.......

Blog Entries
    I had one of these, but no longer use it. If you have carpet in your sewing room, I found putting some velcro on the bottom of the petal makes it cling to the carpet and it stays put.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast