Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
brother personal embroidery machine pe-150v >

brother personal embroidery machine pe-150v

brother personal embroidery machine pe-150v

Old 01-04-2011, 08:12 AM

I have the more expensive brother combo model and love it. Largest hoop size is 4x4 but I honestly bought it for all my sewing needs because it had all the perks I wanted, embroidery was a bonus. I have only used the emb unit maybe twice.

Well worth the money spent on it.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Sounds like a good price for a starter machine; you will learn if you like machine embroidery without having paid a hefty price to find out.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:57 AM

This is a real work horse of a machine!!! My first embroidery machine was a PE 150 and I still have it an it works great!! Only has a 4x4 hop but is good to find out if you really want to do machine embroidery. Also not a color screen and limited editing of designs. Also you will need a converter box to get the designs from the PC to the machine or buy very expensive cards for it. As a matter of fact I have one I would give to someone if they came after it, as I have 2 other embroidery machine. It is an expensive hobby but lots of fun. :-P
Old 01-04-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Threadedneedle
This is a real work horse of a machine!!! My first embroidery machine was a PE 150 and I still have it an it works great!! Only has a 4x4 hop but is good to find out if you really want to do machine embroidery. Also not a color screen and limited editing of designs. Also you will need a converter box to get the designs from the PC to the machine or buy very expensive cards for it. As a matter of fact I have one I would give to someone if they came after it, as I have 2 other embroidery machine. It is an expensive hobby but lots of fun. :-P
I just picked up the machine. When I got there, she showed me an ebay auction with 20 bids for the same machine at $252, so I REALLY thanked her for such a good deal. I just know she was hoping I would add to the price. You should put yours on Ebay.

Just what is a converter box? Based on the messages here, it looks like I have to purchase some software to transfer designs from the web. Who sells the cards? Are they worth it?

I have looked at designs on emblibary.com in the past and loved some of their designs, so now I have to figure out how to get them onto the emb. machine.

Thanks for everyone's input! Looks like I have quite a learning curve with this machine. Goodness, my housework will never get done now!

Diane
Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 AM

The card thing is like 130.00 here locally, my machine doesnt use it as it has a built in usb plug.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM

I just picked up the machine. When I got there, she showed me an ebay auction with 20 bids for the same machine at $252, so I REALLY thanked her for such a good deal. I just know she was hoping I would add to the price. You should put yours on Ebay.

Just what is a converter box? Based on the messages here, it looks like I have to purchase some software to transfer designs from the web. Who sells the cards? Are they worth it?

I have looked at designs on emblibary.com in the past and loved some of their designs, so now I have to figure out how to get them onto the emb. machine.

Thanks for everyone's input! Looks like I have quite a learning curve with this machine. Goodness, my housework will never get done now!

Diane[/quote]

I use an Amazing Box and card for mine. Same company as Amazing designs. It connects to PC and has software so you can write to card and then insert card in PC. Might depend on how old the PE150 is. All of them that I have seen use a card.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 PM

Check your local sewing machine shop for memory cards. They are discontinuing them, and I got several at a deeply discounted price, since I have the Brother SE-350 which also needs the cards. It's fun to use!!