Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother PQ1500S reviews - >

Brother PQ1500S reviews -

Brother PQ1500S reviews -

Old 09-19-2013, 12:10 PM

Default Brother PQ1500S reviews -

I REALLY want consistent stitches, walking foot or reg foot when echo or stitch-in-the-ditch quilting.
I'm sure have some operator problems but my HD Singer has teeny stiches if I slow down some or regular 3.0 stitches when I'm confident and can sew medium speed. I've been reading about the Brother as noted above and also about stitch regulators - don't want to spend more than $600.00 -- Is it me or are there machines that will offer more consistent stitches with med to med-slow speed.. (not FMQ)
Old 09-19-2013, 12:26 PM

Not real sure what you are asking, I think you mean the stitches on this machine when straight sewing not FMQ. I have the 1500s and love it, stitches are good and consistent at any speed I have used so far. I do not have a stitch regulator. It can sew extremely fast, I have to make sure not to press pedal so hard, not do to stitches but due to me not being able to hold fabric straight at high speed. Right now mine is on a frame and my sweetie had to devise a governor for me to help keep consistent speed so I don't get going so fast when doing FMQ. One thing I found was the machine will still sew if you forget to put the pressure foot down and the back is all tangles then. My other machine would not go if the foot was not down, so I have had to remind myself to check the pressure foot lever. So far I feel it's a great machine for the price. Also mine came with the FMQ foot and walking foot and some others. Also, there are several adjustment levels for the feed dogs which helps get consistent stitches for the type or thickness of what you are sewing.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:10 PM

Mine stitches perfectly when doing regular sewing. In FMQ it is not consistent because it is controlled by my hand speed and I am not consistent. I do not have a stitch regulator so I'm sure that would be different.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

my Juki TL98Q has consistent stitches at slow speed, too.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:21 PM

Mine also stitches great with regular stitching. When I have tried fmq, it doesn't stitch well...now that being said, I am a newbie to fmq...and operator error is probably figuring into it...lol... One thing I did find out that the fmq foot that came with my machine didn't fit right, I posted a pic and info about that here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...0-t153683.html
I know you can get a speed controller and or a stitch regulator for the machine, but I am thinking you can only use the stitch regulator if you use a machine quilting frame. If you can use a stitch regulator and not be on a machine quilting frame, please someone tell me how it's working for you....I would love to have a stitch regulator, but not use a frame.
Regards,
Kif
Old 09-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

I have this machine. I use the original fmq foot that came with it. No popping or hollow noise at all. In fact I quilted all day today with it and not one thread break or messed up stitch that was the machine's fault. I use Glide thread top and bottom, a bobbin Geni (I take out the bobbin case spring) and Titanium coated topstitch needle size 80/6. It just purrs along easy as can be. I don't use the three hole bar at the top, I buy pass it, I put my thread down the far right hole for a guide only.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:38 PM

Thanks to that hint from BellaBoo, mine purrs right along. FMQ stitches fine - hand movement not so.

Found out it does a fantastic job on zippers in slippery material. The 2170 gave me fits, but the 1500 did it with no fuss!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I have this machine. I use the original fmq foot that came with it. No popping or hollow noise at all. In fact I quilted all day aly with it and not one thread break or messed up stitch that was the machine's fault. I use Glide thread top and bottom, a bobbin Geni (I take out the bobbin case spring) and Titanium coated topstitch needle size 80/6. It just purrs along easy as can be. I don't use the three hole bar at the top, I buy pass it, I put my thread down the far right hole for a guide only.
Good to know about bypassing the 3 holes and only using the far right one as a guide. I also use bobbin genies..have tried several different needles and threads. I actually planned to put my 1500 on the Gracie King frame I bought, but I haven't tried it yet. I bought a Janome Horizon 7700 earlier in the year, and last month I got the Juki HZL400. I have been doing fmq on both of them, and haven't had any problems like with my 1500. However, as we all know, if we all liked or could only sew with one brand of machine how rich would that supplier be??.. And how long would the wait be to purchase? Lol.. I know some people just "click" with certain machines.
Regards,
K