Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Brother PQ1500S

Blog Entries
    I would appreciate any views or experiences with this machine. All comments and advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Quote Originally Posted by 1234Irene
    I would appreciate any views or experiences with this machine. All comments and advice would be greatly appreciated. :)
    I love my 1500. There is a yahoo group for the 1500. You should check it out.

Blog Entries
    How do I find the yahoo group? I found this group by accident, and liked several of the threads, so I just barely joined......

I love mine. And I am going to check out the Yahoo group for it. Thanks for the info.

if you don't use yahoo normally-you can google yahoo group. The result will take you to the link. Have fun!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really like my 1500S. It's a great machine for me.

Blog Entries
    I love my 1500s! It is a great machine. I have mine set up on a handi quilter 2 frame. I can use a 3.5" & 4" pantogram with it. Best money I ever spent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts
    I love my 1500s! It is a great machine. I have mine set up on a handi quilter 2 frame. I can use a 3.5" & 4" pantogram with it. Best money I ever spent.
    That's the same set up that I am wanting. I have a Brother embroidery machine that is a dream, but I hate moving it to the frame every time I am ready to quilt a quilt.......I love my frame!!!

I love my Brother 1500S. I originally bought it as part of a package with a New Joy free standing quilting frame and started using it as a table top when my fancy Bernina had to go in the shop and I never put it back on the frame. I'm thinking of putting the New Joy up for sale as I only used it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234Irene
    How do I find the yahoo group? I found this group by accident, and liked several of the threads, so I just barely joined......
    Sent you a PM...

I have mine on a Grace II frame. I have used it on the table also. I am concidering a larger table with the space recessed for the machine, so I can do FMQ. There is only a 9" throat and the larger designs have to be done in sections on the frame. My problem now is lack of space, so I will need to make that new table portable, or one that can sit on top of the large table I now have.

Postives - thread cutter.
    needle up option
    bobin winder independent
    very smooth

Blog Entries
    There are a lot of reviews here, just last week there were several. I have this machine and it's great. I won mine in the FabShop Hop a few years ago. I would buy another one with no hesitation.

Blog Entries
    Well, I went to the local quilt shop today and test drove the 1500s. I really liked the machine, but when I got out my handi dandy tape measure.....there was only about an inch more throat space than my brother 1250D machine. So, I came home without it. I just couldn't see spending $700 for an inch of sewing space. Any ideas for another machine with more throat space than this? Lol

Blog Entries
    Hi I just bought the PQ1500...and, so far so good...but as far as you wondering about a machine with a bigger throat area, I have been hearing a lot of great things about the Janome Horizon 7700...it has 11 inch throat...the price was out of my range, but just thought I would let you know about it if you haven't already. Leah Day has done a great video on it, on youtube...and talks about it on her website...

I'm saving up to buy this machine but unfortunately they sold out through Amazon at $534 (major bummer) and now it's being sold through other vendors on Amazon at $699+.

It's being sold through Buy.com at $599 + S&H comes out to around $620. Does anyone have experience buying from Buy.com?? Positive/negative reviews.

I've read on other message boards people having terrible customer service problems through AllBrands.com. So I won't buy from them because knowing my luck I'll have some sort of technical malfunction and I'd like to buy from a reputable place where if my machine needs servicing my issue will be addressed in a timely fashion but I can't afford it at retail (about $799) to buy from a more reputable/authorized dealer.

I'd really like to find the best deal on this machine. Thanks in advance for any responses/suggestions!! Much appreciated!!

Print out prices online and take to your local shop.
    They want your business and a good shop will match the price.

Love my PQ1500. I have a juki TL98E. When I got the juki I was told it was almost the same as the brother. Not so. I never have any trouble with my brother. I spend a lot of time adjusting the juki. Juki is on my super quilter frame as I use the brother for all my heavy repairs and for peicing blocks.

Blog Entries
    I've read on other message boards people having terrible customer service problems through AllBrands.com. So I won't buy from them because knowing my luck I'll have some sort of technical malfunction and I'd like to buy from a reputable place where if my machine needs servicing my issue will be addressed in a timely fashion but I can't afford it at retail (about $799) to buy from a more reputable/authorized dealer.

I'd really like to find the best deal on this machine. Thanks in advance for any responses/suggestions!! Much appreciated!![/quote]

Wow, first I've heard about customer service at AllBrands. Guess that's not too important for me, as I'd never ship it back. Am I missing something. I've had my present Brother about 6 years, dealer is no where near me as we moved. It has never been serviced. My friend has the 1500 (for 9 years). The local Paff dealer repaired for $60, once. As it was his fault warrenty would not cover it. This happened while still new. It has never been serviced, except for that one repair.

I just realized that the machine on the Buy.com website is being sold through AllBrands.com so I guess I'll have to wait to find a good deal on a different website and thanks again for all the advice!

I'm guessing this is too late, but just in case... Amazon now has the Brother PQ1500S for $530. Mine is on its way!!! (Thanks to a recommendation here on the board.)
    Jenel Looney
    Assistant to Susan Mallery
    New York Times bestselling author