Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brother PQ1500S vs. Juki TL-2010Q

Brother PQ1500S vs. Juki TL-2010Q

For those of you who test drove both machines or picked one over the other...why did you pick the one you bought? I like the pin feed of the Brother, but the foot control cutter on the Juki is very cool. I would probably enjoy that a lot. I need another machine like a hole in the head, but someone local is selling their Brother for $350 (basically new) and I'm just wondering if I should hold out for the Juki...

I don't have the Juki, but I have had the Brother 1500 for several years. I love it. It only does the straight stitch, but it makes a great stitch. It's easy to care for. I piece and quilt on it all the time. The pin feed mechanism makes the fabric feed easily. It has a scissors button that I love too. Sounds like a great price on it too.

I'd love to hear why people chose on over the other. Price? Pin feed? Foot controlled auto thread cutter?

Blog Entries
    I have the juki and love it. My machine repair guy recommended the juki because of their reputation and because the inside parts are metal, not . But for 350 if be tempted to try the brother.

Blog Entries
    I have the Brother 1500. All metal, straight stitch, built to last. The reason I have it instead of the Juki is because I won the Brother. That's a great price for it!
    Got fabric?

For $350, I'd go with the Brother. My friends have the Juki's but, a deal is a deal. Beats the $1,000 for the Juki.

I have the Juki 98Q, and love it...but that being said, I would not have been afraid of the brother, either. I don't think I have every heard anyone complain of them that has them. And for $350, sounds like you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose S. View Post
    I have the Juki 98Q, and love it...but that being said, I would not have been afraid of the brother, either. I don't think I have every heard anyone complain of them that has them. And for $350, sounds like you can't go wrong.
    I meant to say 'ever' not 'every.'

I don't have the ability to compare them side by side, so it's nice to hear from others who've tested them out. I wonder if they "sound" the same or ? I really just am coveting the foot control cutter and wonder if I'd be sorry:<

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have the Brother and know nothing about the Juki. The Brother works great for me. I piece and quilt on it daily. Right now, I am doing some micro-stipling. At the time I bought mine, it had the biggest throat for the lowest price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast