Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucket list!

Enjoy your retirement. I retired for a year and decided I was too young to retire, so I wet back to work. I made 18 quilts that year and sewed four days a week. Just missed working with my Husband and two older kids and missed the daily chit chat. My Husband didn't retire and doesn't plan to.
    I now work 5 days a week and still made 17 quilts last year.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Happy Retirement! I am retiring in June and can hardly wait to be able to quilt all day if I feel like it. I am sure you will find lots to do.

Retirement is GREAT! I have no bucket list - don't want the pressure. Or maybe my bucket list was and is to do what I want, when I want. Most of the time, I do. There is no time for me to be bored, unless I want to be bored.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    When you retire you'll wonder everyday how on earth did I ever find time to go to a job. LOL It's the truth. I have been busier and happier then ever since I retired (I really just quit, retired sounds like I did give it the working thing a go to the end).
    I completely agree! I've said many times that I don't know how I got things done when I was working!

Francie, you are the most generous and kindest person I've ever been in contact with. Have fun in that retirement and sew every stitch you can.
    sandysews

A merry heart doth good like a medicine.

Wisdom is too high for a fool.

I'm retired too and I love it. Believe me, you will find enough to do to fill up your days. After a while you will wonder how you found time to do everything you used to do and work too. Happy retirement.

I agree with the retirement being great. I now don't know how I ever had time to work. Not busy every minute of every day, but, there is always something to do somewhere. Or not. That is the beauty of it.

I'm celebrating the second anniversary of my retirement today. I've never been happier and haven't regretted finishing work for a moment. It hasn't been entirely plain sailing: it's taken time to work out how I want to use my time and find a balance to life that suits me, but I've enjoyed the journey. The freedom is wonderful. Congratulations, and I hope you'll find your retirement happy and fulfilling.

I was involuntarily retired last June. Best thing that ever happened to me. I am more busy now than I was while I was working. I love it. I have purged my kitchen and closets and my house is cleaner than it ever has been. I do what needs to be done in the morning then the afternoons are reserved for quilting. I am happier than I ever have been, except when I was home with my two young daughters years ago. Congratulations on your retirement.

A double wedding ring is on my bucket list too.
    Marie

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I guess I am the only one who is not happy in retirement. I like having my day mapped out for me. I don't do well with free time. I tend to put things off instead of doing them right now. I procrastinate horribly. The last few months I haven't made a quilt. I've been retired for maybe 5 years and the first 4 I did just okay. I sewed every day and made quilt after quilt until I burned out. Now I'm trying to get my groove back into quilting and it's hard. I was forced to retire after being drug by a boxcar. I loved being outside working year round, even in the snow and freezing cold. Now I can't stand the cold. Dang! What I would give to get my old job back!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast