Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buying quilt patterns is a good thing....

I think it is a good way to learn new techniques for blocks and assemblies. I don't know everything, and though I love to do my own design and calculations, I have learned a lot from following the instructions of professionals. I think it is part of growing as a quilter. Isn't that why we are part of this board - to learn and share what we know? The more you open yourself up to, the more likely you are to get better at it.

What can you learn with your head under a bucket?
    SueSew
    "If it's messy, eat it over the sink!" Mom

I agree sometimes purchasing a pattern is well worth the $$ spent. I know when I draft my own patterns one issue I always have is the yardage... if I over purchase by 1 yard to compensate for my potential calculation errors then it pretty much covers the cost of the pattern. That being said ... I do expect the pattern to be without errors. When I purchase a pattern its because I just want to get to the sew .. and not do any "figuring".

Yes I like the pattern to be error free, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2