Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying thread online?????

Blog Entries
    I prefer very thin thread in my bobbin at least a 70wt. WonderFil is 100wt and is great. I can use a 50wt 3 ply thread, like Connecting Threads Cotton when I use a thin thread in the bobbin. There are a lot of thin thread brands to choose. There are so many good brands of thread being manufactured now. Glide by FilTec is a new favorite of mine. For applique I use YLI silk thread because I have a lot of it and my stitches don't show with the silk thread. I use the silk thread for handsewing bindings on my quilts. Superior now has silk thread in many colors. I love silk thread.
    Got fabric?

Thank you all for your advice!!

Blog Entries
    Ditto!!! I have ordered several times from Superior and I had a great experience!! Everything came as ordered and in a timely manner!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
    Superior Threads are great. The thread is great. Customer Service is great. Can you tell that I'm a fan? Their web site is full of good information.
    Sue
    A quilt is a blanket of love. Sharon

Blog Entries
    I have been buying thread for my long arm from Createforless.com. I think their prices are about the best so far. I have gotten from Red Rock too, but love the Createforless.com site for everything. My machine seems to prefer YLI.

I have heard great things about Superior threads but have not yet ordered from them. I have ordered from Red Rock and was very satisfied with my purchase from them.

I get most of my thread from Red Rock Threads. My machine loves Aurifil 50. They have fast and accurate service.
    Marie

I was under the impression you only use cotton for machine quilting.....so it's ok to use polyester also? Do you use different thread for piecing than you do for say stitching in the ditch, or free motion?

I, too, have ordered from both....in fact, it's the only two companies I EVER order from.....Guess that tells you I'm satisfied with their service and products!

I found Superior Thread on a half off sale at Joann's, of all places, online. I have never seen it in the store itself. I had used King Tut before and absolutely loved it, so was able to stock up. I also found a Superior Masterpiece thread, so decided to try it. It leaves a lovely stitch, but my older Bernina doesn't seem to like it very well (Masterpiece). I have had some trouble with the thread breaking in both the top and bobbin. I realize this post doesn't tell you anything about the service from those 2 companies, but I would recommend King Tut thread to anyone. I am also going to check out the Superior website for info and newsletter.

I've used both and been happy with both.
    Pat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast