Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying thread online?????

Buying thread online?????

Has anyone here ordered online from Red Rock Threads in Pahrump, Nevada? If so, what has been your experience with them? Also, if anyone has ordered from Superior Threads, what has been your experience with them? Thanks for any advice you can offer....

Superior Threads is great! They also have lots of info/tutorials on their site.

Superior Threads are great. The thread is great. Customer Service is great. Can you tell that I'm a fan? Their web site is full of good information.
    Sue

I have ordered from Red Rock Threads before and was very happy with their service, products and delivery time.

Blog Entries
    I have ordered from both and have been very satisfied with them both. Red Rock was a little cheaper and arrived in just 3 days but that is probably because I live in S. Cal. I get Superior's newsletter which is very informative.

Blog Entries
    I have ordered from Red Rock and been very satisfied.

Blog Entries
    I am a die-hard Superior fan. Their thread is great quality, AND I can get it here locally, I don't have to order it online. A few months back I switched from piecing with Connecting Threads cones to Bottom Line, a Superior 60 weight poly, and I love love love it.

I've ordered from both and have been very happy. However, I now usually order from Superior, as I love the Superior thread and it's a bit cheaper.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    You may want to check with Superior about using Bottom Line for piecing as it tends to melt at high temperatures. You can see about this on their thread reference chart. They recommend (and I use) So Fine if you prefer polyester

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    I am a die-hard Superior fan. Their thread is great quality, AND I can get it here locally, I don't have to order it online. A few months back I switched from piecing with Connecting Threads cones to Bottom Line, a Superior 60 weight poly, and I love love love it.

Blog Entries
    Red Rock is great! Good prices, decent shipping prices and very quick service. I haven't used Superior yet so I can't comment on that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast