Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • "Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage" >
  • "Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage"

• "Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage"

Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 AM

I did all the embroidering last summer and sent it to the LA this summer. It is sooooo much fun to do. The embroidery designs are so cute (giggle cute). The crayon coloring was also fun. The key to making the coloring effective is to first heavily color with your white crayon and then come back with the colors she recommends. The first block, I was a more tentative colorer, and it doesn't have as much tint as the other blocks. I took the color cover to the printers and enlarged it so I could more easily see the coloring--that helped a lot. Her new halloween patterns went on sale yesterday and I've ordered them also. The biggest challenge was the birds on top. I would recommend using your lighest neutrals on the blocks where the crow feet are--it's difficult to trace thru the seams. I am a real Halloween buff and this is one of my favorite quilts.
    Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 AM

Thanks, dottiequilts for all the tips. It will be a while before I get to it but the minute I saw it I knew it would be fun. I have never worked with crayons. Great tip on having it enlarged. Have to check on the new patterns. Never have done a Halloween quilt but this one does look like so much fun and I love to hand embroidery. Did you use all the floss that was called for in the patterns? Do you mind if I get stuck or something if I call on you for help?