Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: calling all Janome 9700 sew/embroid users.what was your "upgrade" machine?

calling all Janome 9700 sew/embroid users.what was your "upgrade" machine?

Just curious..if you owned a Janome 9700...did you replace it with another machine? If so, which machine and what prompted you to trade in? I would love a Janome 11000 SE but , boy, that price is scary!

My machine runs great and I really don't use the embroidery function a lot but I love having the option. I do have a "sew only" Janome Decor for back up.

Just curious about others' experiences in upgrading from Janome 9700
    thank you
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I upgraded my Janome 9500 for the Janome 11000 SE. I LOVE this machine. I have had it for over fours now. When I upgraded, two of my friends followed suit and upgraded too. Now one on my friends traded in her 11000 for the new Horizon 12000. I went with her to our local Janome dealer for a presentation of the new 12000. A Janome representative came and did the presentation. Of the 12 women in the morning session, 4 traded in their 11000 for the new 12000. My friend was one of the ladies who traded.

I like the features of my 11000 and was not overly impressed with the new 12000. I am more of a quilter and use my machine for quilting. I love the Accufil feature and the ability to hoop my quilt (all 3 layers) to do beautiful quilt motifs.

I am sure you could get a great deal on a SE11000 now that the Horizon 12000 is out. Considering the new Horizon is $9,999.00 + tax, I don't think you can bet the SE11000.

Good luck with your decision. I am still very happy with mine!!

Kathy from Houston.

Kathy,
    thank you for your thorough answer to my inquiry. Esp in regard to quilting applications and embroidery. Now...to find out some "pricing" deals.

keep the comments coming..everyone!
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Now, i see that the new 9900 replaces the 9700....what to do, what to do....

Sandy
    Sandygirl