Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain RAK

Can someone explain RAK

I have taken a quick look round but can't find out any info about RAK. It looks like you pick someone and send them some goodies. I am wondering how you get someone's address. In the swaps we get the address to send to. Let me know, please. I am feeling "kindness" today.
    Marilyn

Senior Member carolstickelmaier's Avatar
    I have wondered the same thing. I will be keeping an eye out for answers. Thanks for asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarLeClair View Post
    I have taken a quick look round but can't find out any info about RAK. It looks like you pick someone and send them some goodies. I am wondering how you get someone's address. In the swaps we get the address to send to. Let me know, please. I am feeling "kindness" today.

RAK = Random Act of Kindness. Just doing something unexpected for someone, usually a stranger.
    Jean in MI

Blog Entries
    the initials stand for random act of kindness.

Blog Entries
    I have kept a notebook for all the swaps, where I record the boardname, real name and address of everyone I have swapped or contacted, as well as the colors they like. Then I can send them a goodie if I find one they might like. I also make notes on charitable members so I can contribute to their projects sometime, then I can PM for the address. On those days when it seems I need a pick-me-up, sending a surprise always does the trick, and helps me remember to count my many blessings.
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Thanks for the reply but I haven't been around that long. Is there someplace our addresses are listed or a person to contact to get an address? Maybe a moderators?
    Marilyn

Maybe check the free offers and donations section of this board, see if you can fill any requests or if any of the offers fit your needs...that's a way to get started.

Blog Entries
    I usually do a PIF (pay it forward) If some one indicates they are short on a certain color or would like to do a scrappy quilt but have no scraps....I Private message them and ask for their address. Then send what I think would work for them or bring a smile to their face. It is not totally unexpected but is a way to get a mailing address so I can pass on fabric or tools.

Goooood to know. Thanks
    Kim

RAK's are not generally- planned, (random act)
    it is not an (event) or a structured activity
    anyone at any time can participate (commit a random act of kindness)
    you can browse the donations/help wanted sections of forums & send someone something with out expecting anything in return- there are so many things a person can do to just make someone else's moment mean something-be special- be kind- without expectation of reward-or even acknowledgement is what it's all about.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast