Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't wait to try this technique

For those of you who have made quilts or other projects with this Cotton Theory technique, could you post pictures (front & back) of the items you have made?

Shari
    Last edited by Mom3; 02-02-2012 at 08:28 AM.

I've made a jacket using her methods and am half way through another one. I like the fact that the jacket is unique and reversible. Will make one of her bags before I do a quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
    Ive heard it makes a stiff quilt.
    I watched her videos on Sewing with Nancy but looked like alot of work to me.
    The only quilt as you go that I have done is the Fun and Done and it is not to hard but your backing becomes your sashing and it can get wonky.
    Having a stiff quilt is what strikes me, too. Even when they demonstrate it on tv, it looks like it would be stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau View Post
    I've made a jacket using her methods and am half way through another one. I like the fact that the jacket is unique and reversible. Will make one of her bags before I do a quilt.
    Could you post a picture?

Shari

Yes, I have done table runners, and a jacket using this technique. I really like it. The only downside is all the cutting before you assemble. Turns out great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post
    There are two things I am looking forward to getting and Cotton Theory 2 is one of them. Dang - living on a fixed income is the pits.

Shari
    It is a bummer....I feel your pain!
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Blog Entries
    This method uses a ton of fabric and a ton of thread and you end up with a "board"!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    they make great RUGS....definetly not for everyone!
    I agree Jacquie. I have made several of them. They take alot more fabric to make. They are very heavy and stiff. They are okay for decorating a bed,, but too heavy for me to sleep under. I did make a table runner with one side Christmas and the other Thanksgiving. It didn't lay really flat, but is okay. I won't make anymore.

Blog Entries
    I have some of her earlier patterns and a video I'd like to sell at a very reasonal price, if anyone is interested.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

Blog Entries
    As others have said, the finished project is quite stiff and heavy. I like them for table runners and rugs, but they are too heavy for me to use as quilts. My daughter, on the other hands, loves the weight so she really likes them. Too each his own. I think the best things to do is to try a small project and see how you like it. It never hurts to try a new technique! Can't wait to see your pictures. Have fun.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast