Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Carrying tote for rotary cutter mats, supplies >

Carrying tote for rotary cutter mats, supplies

Carrying tote for rotary cutter mats, supplies

Old 01-12-2012, 03:16 PM

Smile Carrying tote for rotary cutter mats, supplies

Does anyone have a pattern or website link for a pattern to make a carrying bag for a rotary mat, other supplies? We made such a bag years ago in a workshop. It carries a mat(or two) about 18X24 plus pockets for rulers and lots of other supplies. I would like to find a pattern to make one for a friend as well as share the pattern with her. I could draw and write up such a thing but don't see the need to reinvent the wheel if there is one out there. You are always such a source of info that I started to ask here first. ;-)

Last edited by IowaStitcher; 01-12-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: wanted icon at the end, not in the title
Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Nancy's notions, Clotilde's and Keepsake quilting all carry patterns for bags like you describe. i'm sure there are others- search for 'quilters tote' there are a few different popular ones
Old 01-12-2012, 03:59 PM

ack, I made my own since I couldn't find a pattern ... basically the 18x24 (plus seam allowances) front and back; add a flap to the back (flip to the front and close with velcro spots), add a sectioned pocket to the front. I also placed my 6x24" ruler diagonally across the back and made a sleeve for it. For some strange reason, I don't have any photos of it!!!