Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Chalk board fabric, has anyone?

Blog Entries

Chalk board fabric, has anyone?

Morning everyone, I purchased a yard of this and well I would like to use it to make a project for a 2yr. Has anyone made anything with this. I know all the stuff about curing the fabric ect. I did find a tic,tac toe pattern online. But just wanted to see if anyone else has worked with it and made some projects. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    this member made a cute project Looking for the blackboard fabric placemats
    Nancy in western NY

Yes, have used it. Sews just fine.

I made the Ten Little things book from Moda with the chalkboard fabric for my nephew. He loved it. You do need to condition the chalkboard by rubbing chalk all over it, then wiping it off.

Enjoy.
    Linda

I made placemats for kids for our church bazaar. I used children's novelty prints on the back, and brought the edges to the front as bindings around the chalk cloth. In the bindng on one side, I inserted two strings (made from the novely fabric). These were used to roll and "tie up" the placemat. On the otherside, I inserted a loop of elastic to hold a piece of chalk. I also put a piece of "pinked" flannel in each one for an eraser. They sold well!!
    psumom

Quote Originally Posted by psumom View Post
    I made placemats for kids for our church bazaar. I used children's novelty prints on the back, and brought the edges to the front as bindings around the chalk cloth. In the bindng on one side, I inserted two strings (made from the novely fabric). These were used to roll and "tie up" the placemat. On the otherside, I inserted a loop of elastic to hold a piece of chalk. I also put a piece of "pinked" flannel in each one for an eraser. They sold well!!
    What a cute idea!

Thanks for sharing.