Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: chance to buy sewing machines.

:roll:
    Help please! I have an opportunity to purchase a Pfaff 7570, a Bernina Artista 180, and a Bernina 2000 D4E serger. It's from an estate sale and I have no idea what to offer. They have not asked any amount, so help me out here. Does anyone have either of these machines or know what they might be worth. I'm assuming they are in good shape and working order. Thanks in advance. I may get killed for buying all these, but hey, life's short anyhow!
    Kay

Blog Entries
    The best way to determine the worth is to go to Ebay. Check the bids past and present on these machines. You can make a fair offer that will save the seller from the hassle of trying to get them sold.

Ask if you can try them out to see if they work before purchasing them. It is not alway possible at an estate cale, but it won't hurt to ask. You can always leave a bid if you are not sure.

Blog Entries
    I agree, check out the prices and then I would start haggling some over the price...estate sales should be more reasonable than ebay :wink: I would also want to try them out first unless you literally get them cheap enough that you would be happy with only one of them in top working order :wink:

Check out the prices on Ebay and Craigslist in your area...
    Maybe sneak into a shop...and take a look...
    I would be prepared to offer for the lot (all of them) or just the one I really wanted...
    Bid low and haggle...you can always go up but put a limit on what you would spend for one.
    Remember also, if you buy from a shop then you should be able to get lessons and support and an extended warranty if you desire.
    Just my two stitches!
    Kirsten

Blog Entries
    Try calling dealers and asking what those machines are worth used. Or check them out on the web.