I'm Tomek from Poland! My wife sew quilts and pachwork - we have a problem with "big"quilts... Free motion quilting in short arm machine witchout frame - it;s very difficult...
For ages we are determined on purchase of long arme machine. Unfortunately for many reasons we must put the decision off on two or three years. In this moment we must buy the frame to the short arm machine
Our choice it frame Grace Pinnacle or Majestic with Juki 98 or frame New English Quilter (from England) witch the same machine. We can buy these two frames in Europe.
Question to you:
- what you can say about frames Graces (Pinnacle or Majestic) or New English Quilter?
- whether they are stable?
- whether there is no vibration?
- whether material well is stretched?
- what do you think about Stich Regulator for Grace frames? he is helping with the work with short arme (Juki 98 for exemple?)
- whether it is hard to make big patchworks with the SA machine with frame?
I am repeating: we know what restrictions are with this solution but we are choosing this option on two - three years
whether you can maybe recommend some other solution?
We can spend about 3-5 thousand of dollars (but whit shipping to Europe...). A LA machine is a better solution but maybe mid-arm? Remember that we live in Poland and we must have a company which has a service in Europe.
Thanks for yoyr help!!!!