Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Circlelord >

Circlelord

Circlelord

Old 10-31-2013, 09:08 AM

Default Circlelord

Hi, has anyone used or bought the circlelord? Do you think it is worth the cost? Thanks for your input.
scorpio1950
Old 10-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

I do not own it, having decided that it's not worth the cost TO ME. I prefer to do free motion with the longarm, rather than following a pantograph or using a stylus. And I don't want to work from the back of the machine. However, if you want to add the specialized designs that circlelord provides, it might be worth it to you, especially if you are a professional longarmer.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 AM

I have it and only use a couple of the bigboards the swirls and baptist fans. The big board are very quick and easy, but everything else I bought is unused. My set up is too wide to make it easy to work from the back and look over onto the quilt when using the CL products so I was constantly running back to the front and then back to the back. Deb Levy did some videos on www.mqresource.com on using the CL and she used them frequently but she could access some of her quilt from the back with her frame system. I think it is a good company but I jumped in and bought a bunch of stuff as I was beginning that I didn't end up needing.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 AM

I could not justify the cost of that set up. That is just me though, others who have and use it are happy......I think if you are going to invest that much look into computerized. A bit more but just one initial cost and then you can have freedom of design.......jmho
Old 11-02-2013, 08:48 AM

I have the Circle Lord setup. I bought it used and in my opinion that's the only way to go. Many CL's are for sale as people switch to computerized. I love the big boards. So if you want it start checking out longarm forums and yahoo longarm groups. They are machine specific.