Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clover mini iron and angelina

Clover mini iron and angelina

For those of you that have used this, I have gotten some angelina stuck on one of my mini iron tips, have tried dryer sheets, iron off, pot scrubbers, am at a loss, HELP!!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry I'm not familiar with Angelina. If it's something sticky by chance? Something that might leave a film when heated? I have used a hot dampened thick terry cloth and very hot iron. Ironed and pressed and pressed when ironing and steaming. Rubbing the spot with several small strokes more ironing and rubbing. If this hasn't cleaned the iron then finally a little toothpaste to polish. I also used Rowenta cleaner which is excellent. Will take just about anything off the bottom of the iron. After I've said all this I hope it will help! I can't wait to find out what angelina is!!
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
    Stay flexible you won't get bent out of shape.

Barking Frog Winery, Carlton, Oregon

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    in the ironing board/iron section at walmart, there is a hanging display card with a small (approx 1.5") tube of something that works... i'm sorry, i have none in the house and i have no idea what the name is... but it really works...

Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Try some Goo Gone, you can get it at Walmart.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
    Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
    the magic eraser has saved my butt several times!! I was making an applique wall hanging and I appliqued a very large piece to my iron face. I let it cool completely and then used the Magic Eraser on it. You do have to dampen the eraser or it will just crumble.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Oh I have been where you are.. and finally resorted to using a brillo pad. It worked and the mini iron is just fine.

Blog Entries
    here's an explanation of Angelina http://softexpressions.com/software/.../AngelFibr.php
    Nancy in western NY

love the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It took the die stein off my new sewing machine (and yes I pre washed my fabric and it stil got on machine) I was sick but someone told me to use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it worked great love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    the magic eraser has saved my butt several times!! I was making an applique wall hanging and I appliqued a very large piece to my iron face. I let it cool completely and then used the Magic Eraser on it. You do have to dampen the eraser or it will just crumble.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    the easiest way is to get the iron HOT again...the rub it on an old terry wash cloth....remember to ALWAYS use a teflon pressing sheet over you Angelina fibers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast