Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Comic Book Boards

Comic Book Boards

I recently purchased some Comic Book Boards because I read that this is a good way to store fabric. Would someone please tell me the best way to fold and wrap the fabric on these boards? I find that if I fold the fabric in half it is still too wide to fit on the board. Thanks for any assistance.

Blog Entries
    I fold mine in thirds. The boards work really well. There is a tutorial somewhere on this board about how to use them.

Blog Entries
    I double fold the fabric before wrapping it around the board. I use the jumbo plastic covered paper clips to hold the fabric in place. If you plan on using the fabric soon, rubber bands will work great. Someone posted the bands will leave a mark on the fabric if left for a long time. I've had rubber bands on some of mine for over two years and so far no marks. They are thin bands bought in a package from Walmart, tan color.
    Got fabric?

Here's a website that shows how to fold the fabric on the comic book boards. I usually use a large bobbie pin to hold mine on.

http://cuttopieces.blogspot.com/2011...-tutorial.html
    Last edited by ksdot417; 01-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Would plastic covered paper clips work?
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

I use the project boards from Hobby Lobby when they run them for 1/2 price. DH cuts then as I like them and there's no waste I fold most into thirds and they fit great. I secure them with large safety pins. The boards are white ( or black) plastic , corregated boards. DH cuts them on his table saw for me...some at 10" and some at 15" height. I can get 4 to 6 per board depending on the size I need for which ever shelf.
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue