Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Conbining machine quilting with hand quilting?

I do both all the time! Mainly because I am a long time hand quilter...I so want to get great or even good at fmq..but I am "bad" to revert back to hand quilting thus not getting much practice in on the machine quilting...lol
    Kif
    In the garden of life everyone has a row to hoe, some people just have more weeds...

Always do right, it will gratify some and astonish the rest...Mark Twain

quite often! i have many quilts that have both hand and machine quilting on them- and i've had 'customer quilts' come in that were hand quilted & the owner now wants machine quilting added to them. if it works for your project- no reason not to do it that way- it's yours to do as you please.
    and i've seen plenty of (show quilts) with both also- so don't think it (diminishes) anything.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Thank you all for the advice. I have one side of the bed skirt stippled around the hand quilting. First picture is just hand quilted, second is after I did the stippling. Glad I decided go do this.
    dsc01862hand.jpg

dsc01863macinenhand.jpg

There are no rules in quilting and if there are rules.....break them. You are the designer and if you want both machien and hand quilting in one quilt, go for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2