Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Thread >

Connecting Thread

Connecting Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

I cannot use this thread on all of my machines. I love the thread and use it on my old Singer 401 and one of my Kenmores.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:31 AM

Default insert

Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I believe the problem is that the core of the thread is slightly larger than the spindle on my machine and I don't know if there's a anything I can put on the spindle to make the cone more stable. In any event I will try some of the other suggestions.
Try taking a round dowel that will fit inside the cardboard spool, cut to length, drill a hole down the center of the dowel. This is what I have done to make it work. Can buy them, but pricey, when you can buy a dowel at Wal-Mart or any craft store and make them a whole lot cheaper.

Good Luck!
Old 10-19-2014, 08:40 AM

Default Reply

Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
I recently bought some of Connecting Thread's thread and like it but I am finding that there is a little wobble that occurs on the spindle and I believe it is affecting the quality of the stitches. Does anyone know what I can do to stabilize the spool?
I have a Deelybob that stabilizes all sizes of spools. You can add or subtract pieces as needed
Old 10-19-2014, 11:47 AM

I am always on the lookout for cylindrical shaped objects that I can adapt to use with different sized thread spool holes. I have used old pen shells that I've cut down , I have straws wound with tape ...my favorite by far is a dritz thread holder that I took apart and repurposed..
http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-920-Cone...B69X47HHKCPEM5

the small cones are angled so they fit up into a variety of different spool sizes...just keep looking at things differently, and you will find the perfect thing!!
Old 10-19-2014, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The spindle is suppose to be thinner then the spool core. It could be wobbly because the spindle is shorter then the spool or the thread is being jerked by the needle. This shouldn't cause any stitch problem though. The tension should take care of any slack. I use the Superior thread stand for all spools and cones. The stand will hold spools horizontal or vertical. It has never tipped over which makes it a great stand in my opinion.
I too use the Superior Thread Stand for all my threads & never had a problem
Old 10-20-2014, 04:46 PM

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I tried McD' s straw and it worked - the stitches are perfect.