Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Connecting Threads fabric question

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    601
    I apologize in advance for not really knowing how to phrase this question. I have some of their fabric, and some of the prints are what I would consider normal, with there being no texture to the fabric other than the threads, and others have formed a print by having what seems to be something stamped on top of the fabric. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's usually on a monochromatic print.

    If any of you followed that and know what I'm talking about, do you know how to tell ahead of time which prints are which? I don't want to order any of the latter.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    153
    I'm guessing, but maybe a tone on tone fabric, or a tonals?

  3. #3
    Senior Member sandraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    903
    Blog Entries
    1
    I can't answer that, but I have ordered from them and have gotten the same thing. I agree, I would rather not have the printed designs on the fabric. Have you washed it and if so, how is it. I haven't used mine yet.

  4. #4
    Senior Member lyndaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    725
    I know what you mean. It's kind of like the stuff on tee-shirts, almost feels like a transfer. I washed it and it stays the same. I finished a top with D9P blocks and made sure it was one of the narrow pieces. I don't want to get anymore of that kind of fabric. I ordered a charm back of their new "quilting" fabric collection to make sure it wasn't that type of fabric, and it isn't. I may order some yardage; it's cute.

  5. #5
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattee
    texture to the fabric other than the threads, and others have formed a print by having what seems to be something stamped on top of the fabric. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's usually on a monochromatic print.
    Are they white fabrics? Joann's used to have white tone-on-tones with designs that were like a rubber-y stamp on the fabric. The motifs wouldn't dye either. I remember hearing people complain about cutting and working with it. But I haven't seen anything like it in years.

    Did you recently buy this fabric? Do you have a link to the product on their site?

  6. #6
    Super Member virtualbernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,590
    Blog Entries
    3
    I don't like that either. That's why I don't order from them because you can't tell (at least I can't)

  7. #7
    Super Member ksea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,361
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattee
    I apologize in advance for not really knowing how to phrase this question. I have some of their fabric, and some of the prints are what I would consider normal, with there being no texture to the fabric other than the threads, and others have formed a print by having what seems to be something stamped on top of the fabric. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's usually on a monochromatic print.

    If any of you followed that and know what I'm talking about, do you know how to tell ahead of time which prints are which? I don't want to order any of the latter.

    Thanks
    Could you post a picture?

  8. #8
    Senior Member lyndaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    725
    What I got was in the Around Town collection. Two fabrics, The Heights and Sunshine Park are printed that way.

  9. #9
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,303
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndaloo
    What I got was in the Around Town collection. Two fabrics, The Heights and Sunshine Park are printed that way.
    Wow, I would have never guessed from the pictures it was anything other than printed.
    http://www.connectingthreads.com/AroundTown_CD142.html

  10. #10
    Super Member virtualbernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,590
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndaloo
    What I got was in the Around Town collection. Two fabrics, The Heights and Sunshine Park are printed that way.
    Wow, I would have never guessed from the pictures it was anything other than printed.
    http://www.connectingthreads.com/AroundTown_CD142.html
    What they are talking about is printing that is kind of raised off the fabric--almost like it's embossed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.