Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Consolidating machines, need advice >

Consolidating machines, need advice

Consolidating machines, need advice

Old 06-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

I am so glad I have 2 machines. I'm thinking about getting another with simple stitches and lightweight. FWs around here are at lowest price $350.00. Not paying that. I'll definitely purchase local.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Patricia Drew View Post
I'm curious ... which machine do you think you will buy? From what I've read on QuiltingBoard, there is no one machine that does everything perfectly .... What are your thoughts?
Yes, I agree. That's why I have 8 machines.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

I end up gifting mine to girl friends.

One recommendation to think about: You may want to keep one as a backup machine to take to classes or to use when the main workhorse has to see the sewing machine doctor. Depending on how much you embroider, you may want to do some sewing while it is running in the background.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:56 AM

Keep both machines and buy a machine that just does embroidery. If you have the space and money, you won't be sorry. Each machine does different things and it is very nice to go from one to the other without changing feet, putting embroidery unit on. Can do different projects without all the hassle. Good luck on whatever you decide.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:03 AM

You might want to keep one of your machines and trade in the other for the new combo machine. Embroidery projects do tie up the combo machines so I also recommend keeping, even just a basic machine, in addition to a combo embroidery machine.

I didn't want to deal with public u sell sites like craigslist or even yahoo groups... too many risks now so I traded in two of my machines toward a combo machine with a dealer. Really glad I didn't trade in all of my machines though... comes in really handy when my combo is tied up doing embroidery projects. Saves a lot of time and trouble.

A local quilt guild might be good way to sell your machines if you don't want to trade your machines in...you can sell them at a guild (if they will allow) and let a potential buyer see that the machine(s) works, with witnesses to that fact; not to mention a safer place to be.