Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Could Use Recommendations for Embroidery-Capable Machine

Blog Entries
    My embroidery machine is so temperamental. I was embroidering on a quilt top and had to change bobbin thread. Now it won't budge. It just beeps at me. I removed the ring and turned it on and off and it still beeps at me.
    Can someone please recommend a GOOD embroidery machine so I can embroider dates on my quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by quilt_happy
    My Singer embroidery machine is so temperamental. I was embroidering on a quilt top and had to change bobbin thread. Now it won't budge. It just beeps at me. I removed the ring and turned it on and off and it still beeps at me.
    Can someone please recommend a GOOD embroidery machine so I can embroider dates on my quilt?
    I have a Janome, expensive but a great machine.If I had it to do over I would purchase one with a bigger hoop.Mine is only 5x7.

Quilt Happy: try unplugging the machine and letting it sit for about 5 min. Plug it back in and then try --sometimes electronics need to "re-set".
    Hope this works!

Blog Entries
    I have 2 brothers PS8500 and 270D which is a smaller one..both work just great..the 270D is the one I take to retreats and sew/days at guild...gets hauled around alot LOL

I have a Bernina 640E and love it. I'm sure there are differences in all brands, but could it be a small piece of thread stuck somewhere in the bobbin area?

I've had to turn off and unplug my machine for 15 minutes before. Then when I turn it back on, it works fine! Hope you get it so it works for you.

Blog Entries
    thanks I will try that

Quote Originally Posted by quilt_happy
    My embroidery machine is so temperamental. I was embroidering on a quilt top and had to change bobbin thread. Now it won't budge. It just beeps at me. I removed the ring and turned it on and off and it still beeps at me.
    My Singer embroidery machine did that same thing to me once. It about drove me nuts cause I couldn't figure out the problem. I finally changed the bobbin to another one, (I had a few pre-threaded bobbins), and re threaded the machine. Everything was working fine before I re did everything, but it helped. I don't know if it was the bobbin or the thread but it was fine after I re-threaded and changed the bobbin. I don't use the pre threaded bobbins any longer.