Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Countdown is on

I love applique and was thrilled that Sue made the list. Whats so neat about her is that accuracy in cuttin her out is not really critical. I mean you want proportions tobe right--bonnet not smaller than feet, but after you get the proportions right, its anything goes.

I think I might have to check out this new BOM. I haven't done one in a long time.
    although that is a little bit of a lie. My quilting buddy in New Zealand has been scanning me her instructions from a BOM she has been doing for the last year. All the blocks are 5" x 5" and there are about 100 of them!! all the pieces are cut 1 1/2" square and 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" I will be carried off in a straight jacket by the time I finish that one!

Cheers
    Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe
    I've gotten so hooked on the forums that I don't have TIME to have any UFOs! If I had high speed maybe I could go through all of the added messages in just a couple of hours instead of all night! :D :D :D
    Hooked.. geez don't be talkin'!! I just joined this forum today and havent' done a THING here at work.. good thing the boss is off sick today LOL

Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Quote Originally Posted by stay-at-home
    one more question Tim in San Jose....what are you clicking on to get the message you are answering to show inthe box in your answer?? do you know what i mean?? the way i'm doing it only my response is showing but sometimes it makes no sense without the question.
    thanks again,
    Jeanne
    I have magic powers.

No really...

No... REALLY!

OK...
    Over on the right side of the box you look at, there is a button that says "quote". Click it. And answer me with whatever nonsense I have posted.

tim
    Ok Tim, I thank you again. you are either very young, (those young people know everything without thinking,) or you are very literate middle aged :lol: I can see by your feet that you are not OLD like me. it takes me awhile to catch on to this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stay-at-home
    Ok Tim, I thank you again. you are either very young, (those young people know everything without thinking,) or you are very literate middle aged :lol: I can see by your feet that you are not OLD like me. it takes me awhile to catch on to this stuff.
    I was born in 1956. I started sewing in 2006.

What I am is a computer engineer. This sort of stuff comes natural to me.

Congrats on picking it up so fast.

tim in san jose

Tim, you work too much!

I like this new block, but I don't see it standing alone in a Sampler Quilt. I can picture it as a table runner or even done up...well, let's just say I'm designing a quilt with one of the elements using this block. I need to finish sketching it out before I actually can say whether I have anything worthwhile or not. It sure is a striking block. I'm going to have to try it in solids. It seems to lend itself to looking Amish.
    ~Tiffany

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4