Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Countdown is on >

Countdown is on

Countdown is on

Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 AM

Tim in San Jose,
With all of those projects winding down you're going to be sitting around with nothing to do before you know it. I recommend you start another project this week! :lol:
Old 02-12-2008, 09:30 AM

I'm sure you'll rise to the occasion whatever the block is Toni! And you'll make a good job of it!! I've got faith in you girl! :lol:

Five colours eh Denise? ...I've just been practising a Dresden plate block with five colours! Hmmmmm!

Karen :thumbup:
Old 02-12-2008, 12:07 PM

yes everyone you will need one dark color and four bright colors for this block. yes everyone can do this. It will be a very good learning experience for us all. Lets not worry about it and just have lots of fun. :)
Old 02-12-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Yvonne
Tim in San Jose,
With all of those projects winding down you're going to be sitting around with nothing to do before you know it. I recommend you start another project this week! :lol:
I think my project this week should be to come up and help you shovel out from all the snow.

tim in san jose
Old 02-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by k_jupiter
Tim in San Jose,
I think my project this week should be to come up and help you shovel out from all the snow.

tim in san jose
You know something I don't know? No snow here! Just a bunch of clouds. We're just about 6-7 hours further north than you are but still on the coast! But you come on up and I'll let you wash windows instead! :lol:
Old 02-12-2008, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by newquiltertoni
I can't have a bunch of projects half done. I have the need to finish one complete before going to another.
You are looking at this all wrong. Everyone needs more than one project to work on at a time. Why? Because there are days you may feel like doing handwork, thus the applique quilt. You'll want something small that you can take with you when you head out to go to an appointment or watch a child's game. There may be days when you want to work on something bright and sunny, which means you set aside the quilt that you are machine quilting, because it is very, very important to not machine quilt when you are not feeling it. I learned this one the hard way. :roll: Hm, I usually learn things the hard way. Thankfully I'm not too dense and I tend to learn quick. :wink: And then there are all the various projects, BOMs, charity work...Heck, by my reconning, everyone should have on hand at least four different projects at all times. Yeah, that's the ticket! :thumbup:

ROFL
~Tiffany
Old 02-12-2008, 03:20 PM

I've gotten so hooked on the forums that I don't have TIME to have any UFOs! If I had high speed maybe I could go through all of the added messages in just a couple of hours instead of all night! :D :D :D
Old 02-12-2008, 03:34 PM

I am always working on more than one thing at a time! I knew I wasn't alone in this tho! LOL Right now I have a crib quilt top on my design wall....a pile of double 4 patch squares...a pile of string quilt squares, a couch throw and a wallhanging all laying out and in different stages! LOL
Old 02-12-2008, 05:59 PM

You know something I don't know? No snow here! Just a bunch of clouds. We're just about 6-7 hours further north than you are but still on the coast! But you come on up and I'll let you wash windows instead! :lol:
I thought you were further inland. Ah don't do winders... *L*

tim in sanjose
Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 PM

Hi newquilter-toni,
alright, i'm wondering what a BOM is???????? please explain as i joined recently. there's always something new to learn here.

as far as too many UFO's......I have a thing about CLOSURE. I'm willing to take it where I can get it - which is in my art projects. I lack closure in the rest of my life, no control over it tho. So maybe that's what i do art stuff for.