Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box >

Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box

Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box

Old 07-17-2012, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by CraftsyJenn View Post
Hey All,

My name is Jenn and I'm part of the Craftsy team. I'm so sorry to hear some of you are disappointed with the Mystery Box you received from us. We certainly don't want you to be unhappy! While no two mystery boxes are the same, the items in each box do have a full retail value (provided to us directly from each manufacture) of $120. We know lots of folks are great at finding deals not just on Craftsy but other places at well. Unfortunately often times these prices don't accurately reflect the MSRP (manufacteres suggested retail value) and are sold for a much lower regular price. The MSRP is what we use to calculate and assure your box consists of great quality items.

If you are unhappy with your box, or think something may accidentally be missing, please feel free to reach out to us directly (at [email protected]) and we're happy to work with you to make you a happy Craftsy member once again.

Happy Quilting!
-Jenn

Thanks for responding, Jenn! I commend you on addressing the problem and offering refunds.

I would like to understand how three charm packs and seven Moda fat quarters could add up to $120, even at MSRP. Could it be that each charm pack's MSRP is $20 and the fat quarters sell for $8+ each for a total of $120?
Old 07-17-2012, 06:53 PM

I agree! They answered my question on FB quickly then sought out this board to reply to the issue. Kudos!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 AM

I don't think they sought out the board until after my 30 minute phone conversation--I gave them the web address and let them know some of us were unhappy. I have found similar fat quarters for $2.00 each so that is $26.00 and the identical charms on sale for $8.00, that equals $24.00 which makes $50.00. Even if I double it, it's not $120. I think the boxes should have been closer to the value. If I had gotten one of the good boxes I would be happy too but as it is I feel tricked by their add.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by conklin1 View Post
I don't think they sought out the board until after my 30 minute phone conversation--I gave them the web address and let them know some of us were unhappy. I have found similar fat quarters for $2.00 each so that is $26.00 and the identical charms on sale for $8.00, that equals $24.00 which makes $50.00. Even if I double it, it's not $120. I think the boxes should have been closer to the value. If I had gotten one of the good boxes I would be happy too but as it is I feel tricked by their add.
however they got to this board, craftsy understands the power of marketing which is why i mentioned that someone should let them know they got additional sales because this deal was mentioned on this board. when calculating values of merchandise, you need to use the msrp and not sale prices which vary from place to place. with that said i have never seen a moda fq valued (msrp) under $3.00 or a 6" charm pack valued under $13.00.

it's good you called to let them know rather than just commenting to us. i think they at least deserved a chance to right a perceived wrong. and if we never tell the offender how will they know?