Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Quilting

Blog Entries

Crazy Quilting

I just joined a crazy quilt group. I have no idea what subject to do it on. Has anyone done one of these? Would love some suggestions. TY

Power Poster
    Sorry I can't help but I am sure someone will have an answer. I never did a crazy quilt, but I didn't think they had a subject to it.
    SueDor

I made a crazy quilt Christmas stocking...it was fun making it...are you using traditional fabrics? or wools? I have seen some wonderful wool-crazy projects and that is on my list to try sometime.

I've made a crazy quilt just using up scraps. I didn't get fancy & it was a quilt for a grandson when he was little.
    As far as the subject question do you mean something like, "grandmother's gloves, picture, etc"?
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

I do sew and flip blocks, which look like crazy quilt blocks. Mine have a theme or a focus fabric in the center of the block. I have done Snoopy, frogs, and other children's fabrics for the focus fabric. Right now I am making a quilt with old embroidery pieces from pillowcases as the focus fabric and vintage fabric scraps all around. This one will definitely have the "feel" of an authentic crazy quilt, but I do not plan to do the embellishments.

I have made several crazy quilt items. Vests stockings, wall hangings and quilts. I think she means theme. I use cottons and velvets, silks, satins, I have even used fabrics from those big apolstery books, and yes I do use the cottons with them. I use pearls, beads, silk ribbon all kinds of flosses, appliques, doilies, laces and fancy trims. I have bought everything for an oriental themed one but have not started it yet. Beautiful oriental fabrics, oriental charms, sasiko mirrors. Here is a web site for you to browse. You will love it! EveningStar Designs. Have fun!!

Blog Entries
    Jackie, TY so much for that site. Being a newbie to this it sure is a great site for ideas.

If you google crazy quilting, all kinds of crazy quilting web sites will come up. You will see some beautiful work, and places to get your crazy quilting supplies.

You are so welcome. Crazy quilting is my passion, I have been quilting since the mid 70's, and I love it, but crazy Quilting is my favorite.

Blog Entries
    I will do that T so much!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast