Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Creative Quilting Fabric Club - Anyone know about it? >

Creative Quilting Fabric Club - Anyone know about it?

Creative Quilting Fabric Club - Anyone know about it?

Old 07-20-2011, 02:50 AM

I got an email today about the Creative Quilting Fabric club. Here is the link:

http://creativequiltersfabricclub.com/learn_more.php

Does anyone know anything about it? Already belong? Sounds like a good deal, but I am unsure about them since I have never heard of them before.

Thanks for any input you can provide!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 AM

It reads exactly like one of the book or CD club offers that used to be everywhere in the 90s. I had joined one or two of those and the problem for me was the return postage if you didn't want something and then making sure that it arrived at their doorstep before the "grace" period was up. If I were going to do a blind grab bag each month, I'd probably do it through one of the established stores like Keepsake, where at least you can choose what kind of style you want in advance. Just my two cents worth.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:51 AM

how much is it and what do you get?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
It reads exactly like one of the book or CD club offers that used to be everywhere in the 90s. I had joined one or two of those and the problem for me was the return postage if you didn't want something and then making sure that it arrived at their doorstep before the "grace" period was up. If I were going to do a blind grab bag each month, I'd probably do it through one of the established stores like Keepsake, where at least you can choose what kind of style you want in advance. Just my two cents worth.
Thanks Diana - that is my thinking, too. I just wanted to be sure that I was not missing something. I received a monthly shipment from Keepsake for years; I think I will start up again with them!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

The site says $19.99 for 6 FQ's but does not state exactly what the postage and processing fee is.

I also read that unless you fill out the "opt out forms" they will share your email and home address with their affiliated companies, and others too :wink:

The only way I could see to find out the P&P amount is to start filling out the order form, and I didn't want to do that :D:D:D
Old 07-20-2011, 09:59 AM

I guess I'm too picky. I would like to pick out my fabrics because then I know what I can use it with. Plus, I think if you want to get new fabrics every month that you don't have any idea what you will get, it would be better to do a swap here on QB!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
I guess I'm too picky. I would like to pick out my fabrics because then I know what I can use it with. Plus, I think if you want to get new fabrics every month that you don't have any idea what you will get, it would be better to do a swap here on QB!!!
I'm right there with you; I would want to have more control over the fabrics.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:50 AM

Thanks ladies for all of your input. I think I will stick with Keepsake Quilting.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM

Sounds exactly like what Hen3rietta says. Personally, I don't join any "clubs", there's a ton of information out there on the web and on this site, so if you have questions, just ask it here and I'm sure that someone will be able to help you.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:13 PM

I have the same problem with this club as with BOMs and kits; I really like to pick out my own fabrics. If you don't and you like doing scrappy quilts this might work for you.