Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Curve master and Apple core

Hi
    I have just been reading comments about the Curve master foot. I have one but have not used it much. It was demoed at a British quilt show and wetted my interest again.

Has anyone done an apple core/dog bone quilt using this foot? when it was demoed and on the YouTube clips it always has the convex curve on the top. how do you sew the concave curve? do you have to turn the work over or does it work the same?

Also all of you that have done drunkards path - did you use templates for cutting and if so which did you use?

Many thanks in advance. xxx

I bought the Curve Master foot at a show too. I forgot all about it till I read your post. Maybe we can get some inspiration to use them!!!

I purchased the curvmaster foot but didn't have much good luck using it. I hope some like it and will demostrate how to use it, then I might get better results with mine.

Hey, I bought one of these and forgot I did!!! Thanks for reminding me...never used it.

Blog Entries
    This is how I do mine. And I don't need the curve master. Very easy this way. And I do use templates and you can see by the photos which ones.lol Hope this helps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-132011-1.htm
    Tammy

I don't have a Curve Master Foot but can tell you that I cut all of my Apple Cores and Drunkard's Path pieces (and Double Wedding Ring!!!) with my Accuquilt Studio.

I have the Curve Master. However, I don't use it.

I posted a tutorial on 'Curved Seams' and you can read it. I think you will understand what I mean. If not ... PM me.

ali

Quote Originally Posted by tammy cosper
    This is how I do mine. And I don't need the curve master. Very easy this way. And I do use templates and you can see by the photos which ones.lol Hope this helps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-132011-1.htm
    Tammy
    Thank you - you make this look so easy - going to try your way today!

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreQuilt
    I don't have a Curve Master Foot but can tell you that I cut all of my Apple Cores and Drunkard's Path pieces (and Double Wedding Ring!!!) with my Accuquilt Studio.
    emmm have to say this is the only shape that has tempted me to buy an Accuquilt. I looked at them but they are quite expensive - I am not sure how much I would use it.

I LOVE the CurveMaster foot - I've used it mostly for Drunkard's Path, but I recently did a bunch of apple core pairs.

I'm not working on that quilt right now - haven't even pressed the pairs, yet, but I *think* it will do rows just fine. It's sewing the rows together that will need hand-sewing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast