Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I sewed a curve, I sewed a curve!!

I decided when I joined block swaps, that I'd be doing blocks I wouldn't normally attempt - one of my current blocks (for the quilting bee, so I don't want to spoil the surprise and post the colors or the actual block) is a Rob Peter to Pay Paul (http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RobPe...PaulBlock.html ), and I have been so scared to actually start it! I made myself sit down and just do it... and it's great! I did one whole curve, and it's perfect, and I'm so excited!

Okay, so I know this is silliness, but doesn't it feel just GREAT to conquer a fear?!

Blog Entries
    Hi,

Awesome, congratulations, keep up the good work so you can learn more things.

Karen

Blog Entries
    You are more brave then I am :mrgreen: LOL
    Congrats on stepping outside your comfort zone :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Alright!!! Good Job :thumbup: :D:D:D

Don't feel silly it's the little things in life that bring us joy. Congrats for learning something new.

Not silly at all. I felt the same way after my first curve. Now to conquer needle turn applique. That's what I'm scared of.

It does make one feel good and sewing a curve is not simple the first time or for people like me the tenth time either. Congratulations! Those curves can produce some very eye catching appealing quilt designs. Now.. what is the next challenge?

Congratulations!! Aren't curves fun!! And I love that block, one of my favorite patterns!! Keep going! Will watch for your block's picture!

Blog Entries
    Good for you! I have conquered the fear of paper piecing. One of these days, I'll attempt the curves too! I imagine it's something like putting a sleeve in a garment. It might not be as scary as it seems at first glance.

WOW -- I'm impressed! Good for you! :thumbup:

I'm impressed. Glad you tried it and happy quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    It does make one feel good and sewing a curve is not simple the first time or for people like me the tenth time either. Congratulations! Those curves can produce some very eye catching appealing quilt designs. Now.. what is the next challenge?
    Getting *comfortable* with curves!

Then, hopefully, FMQ. I've got a couple table runners and a quilt top that's long overdue... it was supposed to go to its new home in September! But the pattern BEGS for extra leaves on it... Hopefully I'll be posting it, finished, soon!

Good for you! That's what keeps us young, going outside our comfort zone. I haven't made the attempt yet - way to scary. LOL!

Good for you! It's going to take you down paths you never imagined! You know what they say, when you try the "mild" ones, you always move on to the more addicting ones!

Banned
    Yay! Good for you!

I am impresses. Curves still scare me. Congrats on overcoming your fear.

Aren't we silly sometimes?!! I had a quilt cut out for a couple of years, just sitting waiting for me to be brave enough to sew. It was curved also (maybe even rob Peter to pay Paul). Last year I made myself sit down and at least give it a try. WOW, it came out perfect, and it was fairly easy, I finished all the blocks quickly. Sometimes we imagine things to be far worse than they end up being, lesson learned, I hope!!

Blog Entries
    Yea for you. That's one of the new things I'm teaching my students this year.

Quote Originally Posted by roselady
    Aren't we silly sometimes?!! I had a quilt cut out for a couple of years, just sitting waiting for me to be brave enough to sew. It was curved also (maybe even rob Peter to pay Paul). Last year I made myself sit down and at least give it a try. WOW, it came out perfect, and it was fairly easy, I finished all the blocks quickly. Sometimes we imagine things to be far worse than they end up being, lesson learned, I hope!!
    And tell me why as ADULTS we allow ourselves to be afraid of something that's not going to hurt us, kill us, or even pay us! Isn't it wonderful to find the confidence to try something new? You won't be afraid anymore to try new things, will you?

Congratulations and hugs,
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by ladygen
    I decided when I joined block swaps, that I'd be doing blocks I wouldn't normally attempt - one of my current blocks (for the quilting bee, so I don't want to spoil the surprise and post the colors or the actual block) is a Rob Peter to Pay Paul (http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RobPe...PaulBlock.html ), and I have been so scared to actually start it! I made myself sit down and just do it... and it's great! I did one whole curve, and it's perfect, and I'm so excited!

Okay, so I know this is silliness, but doesn't it feel just GREAT to conquer a fear?!
    awesome!!!
    I made a Drunkards Path last year for the Hoffman Challenge... scared me to DEATH after I had decided to do it....
    It was EASY!!!

Congrats Genevieve!
    I am so happy for you to have conquered the curves. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:
    DeeDee

Way to go! Feels GOOD, doesn't it? And thanks for posting that link. I just looked at it and decided it will help me with a curve I unsuccessfully put together last week. I do appreciate the info.
    Di

Great job!! That is what I need to do on my new project but am procrastinating because I am TERRIFIED! Hope its like some of you said and not as bad as you make yourself think.

Blog Entries
    great!

Blog Entries
    No it's not silly, it's like the first time your child rolls over. A big learning step, congrats. I love curved piecing. Keep trying yourself and you'll know you can do anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast