Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first machine sewed blocks! Quilt top Done

Okay this is my first sewing machine quilted bock ever.

DH worked on it too, as my brand new Elna sewing machine has been jamming up rather a lot (UPS dropped my machine in shipping!) These were practice for my charmed quilt (made from clothes my daughter wore her first two years).

I made those yesterday and started working on the "real thing" yesterday afternoon. I have now completely the first two blocks for my daughter's charmed heart quilt. :D My work isn't perfect, but I'm happy with it. I'm thinking that when they are quilted and put together that will draw your eyes to all sorts of other things. The colors are a little bit off, but for a camera phone, they came out great.

Congratulations Elizabeth! Doesn't it feel great to get sewing. Hope your machine gets replaced or fixed under insurance?

DJ
    You've got a great start, and the quilt will be a wonderful keepsake!

UPS is supposed to call tomorrow to set up a time to come and look at my box. :roll:

You are doing a great job!!!! Looks really good.

It's so nice to have a little praise. No one here gave me congrats for getting the first block done. One "it's good" and one complete disbelief that I'd completed the first heart block... I'm planning on showing my mother next week and I'm sure there will be more disbelief then too.

Way to go!!!! Getting started can be tough, but it looks like you did a great job on your first and well on your way to lots of beautiful quilts. Good luck and keep up the good work. Keep posting pictures too...I love to see works in progress and then the finished product.

It's going to be one great looking quilt!
    Hurry and finish and post a picture!

Blog Entries
    Great Job! I can't wait to see more of your blocks :D :D :D

Good for you!! Nice blocks. Before you know it, you'll have a big stash & toooo many UFO's like the rest of us!!! LOL

Very cute! You are off to a great start.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    what you have done so far looks lovely and i am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

You are doing a great job. Your points and pieces are matching perfect....I see some great quilts ahead for you....I f your daughter is young you could make her a doll quilt with the practice pieces :D

Now are we suppose to believe that these are your first ever sewn by machine?? You did amazing!!! Now you are a quilter with a full tank of gas!! Go girl!!:0) Your points are 'right on'!! Can't wait to see what creative fibers may come our way now!! Keep it up! Skeat

Blog Entries
    OOOOHHHHH! You did a great job..I can't believe these are your 1st machine sewn. Mine sure didn't look that good and darn it, I didn't have UPS to blame for anything. I see lots more great quilts in your future...come on...keep showing us the pics..your phone works great!

ISN'T IT FUN? :lol: :wink: I am a newbee, too, and it is hard to describe how satisfying it is to put together a block and see the design emerge. You are off to a great start (just wish there were more hours in the the day, don't you)

Oh yes, I do wish I had more time, I feel like setting the bar for myself and saying I need to try and get one block done a day, then of course my sewing machine reminds me that it was dropped and flatly refuses to work, broke my needle too. I'm fustrated enough with it to want to cry! Sheesh.

Blog Entries
    Elizabeth, I'm sorry about your machine. Thats just about the most frustrating thing in the world for me since I don't know anything about how to fix them or work on them....except of course to hold my mouth "right" when I'm sewing :D :D

I sympathize with you though. :cry:

You're telling me, I had a great sewing afternoon - a personal record, which I know doesn't say that much because I'm just a beginner, but all the same, I think, here let me see, I did finished a block, did 3 blocks start to finish, and then did one within three seams of being done, and then WAMMO, and now the silly think is locked up again. It will have to be toyed with ect. to be "convinced" to run again. :cry:

Thank goodness I smiled so much I made my face hurt while enjoying laying out the fabrics for my blocks. At least I have that much. :lol:

Blog Entries
    What?!? No answer from the shipping company? Thhpt on them!

I'm so jealous how well your blocks turned out! They sure are pretty!

Oh Ruth! I wanted to volunteer to take care of those practice blocks! :lol:

Nice Job Elizabeth!!! your blocks are looking GREAT!

I have more blocks, though my machine is running on empty and is only limping along... Strange it's not letting me link back into my URL...

Attached Images Attached Images

Seriously for me these groupings blow me away. It's like time trapped for a moment, a moment of memories.

Seriously, I could name each outfit and with a little effort I could guess how old my daughter was when she wore it. I wish you could see them in person, there are so many textures, it's as fun to touch as to look at. Okay So maybe I'm overly excited by my own stuff, but with the machine not hanging on I have to keep my momentum going somehow.

lin
    Keep up the good work Elizabeth! You're doing a spectacular job. I can't wait to see what more you'll have to offer for our viewing pleasure in the future! :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast