Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My first machine sewed blocks!  Quilt top Done >

My first machine sewed blocks! Quilt top Done

My first machine sewed blocks! Quilt top Done

Old 04-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Izy

This is such a GREAT idea, how lovely to use all your daughters clothes!!

When you get your machine fixed....there will be no stopping you - I bet it will all be pieced and quilted by next week.....Shadowdancer you got some serious competion here lol!!! :D
Old 04-22-2008, 02:20 PM

LOL :lol: I think not. My inspiration is woman overseas who's blog I found just before I started cutting fabric. I knew I would need SOMETHING to keep me motivated (it seems every time she posts she has a new quilt). This project is very near and dear to my heart and I dared not allow it to become a UFO. Well somehow I missed finding this web and found her blog instead. She suggested me reaching futher into the quilting community, and that's when I found all of you. Really I'm just a mom. :wink:
Old 05-09-2008, 07:35 PM

Wow Elizabeth, i don't know how i missed this thread of yours, and photos of your quilt hearts, they are so gorgeous! I can't believe how good you are with colours. I don't think i've ever seen a heart pattern like this, it's very very nice.....how is your machine working now, did that ever get resolved?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:51 PM

:lol: Let's see, UPS didn't get all the papers, so they didn't send the check, and the woman who sold me the machine is out of town for the week. Currently I have the sewing machine working on threat alone. If it gags up, and starts bird nesting or whatever new horror it made up, I firmly remind it, that UPS is going to throw it away. :P Not sure if it's true but the little machine is holding on anyway. That's about the best that can be said for it... DH looked at it and to bottom line is that it is running itself into the ground so that I can use it. :( Poor little machine!

Thank you for the compliments on the colors, trust me it helps to start with good stuff. ;) My sister came over a week or three ago and told me how much she liked what I'd done with the maroons, versus the lilac (she doesn't like purple!) which gave me the will power I suppose it's called to branch out further, using more and more color combinations, as I have multicolored patterns, not just solids. I have no idea what the best arrangement will be, I'm sure it will show itself in the future.

Besides I've promised my daughter a pillow to match (I think I'll plan for two), so anything that doesn't fit will be a pillow. ;)
Old 06-02-2008, 06:55 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/60/6981.page The quilt top is done you can see the photos of it here.

This project has grown, it's two heart quilts, and one nine patch round robin style (with all borders made by me from dd's clothes)! And here I wondered if I had enough fabric to make one!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Banned

Your off to a great start. LOOKING GOOD! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-02-2008, 09:20 AM

great job, I haven't even attempted triangles yet. :lol: :oops:
Old 06-02-2008, 09:30 AM

Oh there is such a cheaters way of doing it, I think for the entire quilt I only cut three or four triangles to fix where it was messed up. The rest are just squares sewed together on the diagonal, and then cut apart. Hence the mirror image within the hearts.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:10 AM

Mom already does quilt, she's done applique, log cabins, and preprinted blocks for as long as I can remember. She told me flat out she wouldn't have picked triangles, funny how some people fear them, with the right tips and tricks they turn out so lovely.

DH is popping your package in the mail tomorrow! :D