Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: curvemaster

i bought a curvemaster at a show not long ago. i have been having trouble with it. or it has been having trouble with me.

when i use it, it works right on the bottom layer but the top layer veers off
    so that i end up with a huge seam allowance or none.

is anyone having this problem? i'd like to make it work. or vice-versa.
    i think i should be concentrating on the bottom layer right? keeping it against the gauge? what should i be doing with the top layer? i thought it would be taking care of itself. i lift and hold gently. no? should i be steering it?

Blog Entries
    I bought one a few months ago. i did some practive blocks & had no problems. When I tried with my new material, I had problems! It seemed to waste a lot of material & I could not get my pieces even. I gave up & have not tried again. It definitely has a learning curve, and I was so upset about my material I have not wanted to try again. It was not as easy for me as advertized!!
    Sandy

i guess i have to try it again. thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    i bought a curvemaster at a show not long ago. i have been having trouble with it. or it has been having trouble with me.

when i use it, it works right on the bottom layer but the top layer veers off
    so that i end up with a huge seam allowance or none.

is anyone having this problem? i'd like to make it work. or vice-versa.
    i think i should be concentrating on the bottom layer right? keeping it against the gauge? what should i be doing with the top layer? i thought it would be taking care of itself. i lift and hold gently. no? should i be steering it?
    I dont know what a curvemaster is? Would you mnd telling me?

Margie

it's a specialty foot made especially for sewing curved pieces (i.e. drunkard's path) to one another. by holding the fabric correctly, the foot does the work of gathering in the convex layer to fit the concave layer without using pins or having to snip.

thank you, sounds wonderful...guess like everything takes practice. I would like to see one.

Margie

they are usually demonstrated at shows, and can be purchased at nancy's notions so you can see a picture there.

I bought one a few years back at the Houston quilt show and I hate to admit it, but I haven't even opened it yet! The demonstration sure looked easy didn't it?

sure did! i even got to try it out under her direction. but she's not here now. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know I'm getting old and my mind is going, but when I saw the title of this thread, I thought "Is this a new name for the Thighmaster? Is somebody trying to sell those again?!" LOL :oops: :roll:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast