Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: curvemaster

This photo is a little better to see the seam.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen 1
    This photo is a little better to see the seam.
    wow! you sure did get the hang of it. there is a show coming here. it's too late for signup, but i'll keep my machine in the car in case there's a drop-out. maybe they will offer that class.

also, i forgot in my excitement to tell you what great stippling you do.

Quote Originally Posted by AnneC
    I've never tried the curve master. But I'm glad to hear about your problems before I decided to buy one. If you go to http://www.westmichquilter.blogspot.com/ you can see that I did curves without anything other than fabric, pins, and sewing machine. I found the pinning really worked for me.
    is that your work? how imaginative! are there instructions for it anywhere?

i also pinned and sewed without problems, but i thought the curve master would be faster. HAH!

Yes, it's my work. I got the idea and instructions from the book "Confetti Quilts" by Mary Mashuta. It is very inspiring. I'm still interested in the curvemaster though. Where can I get it?

i bought mine at a show, but you can get it from the Nancy Zieman (sp?) catalog. there is also a website. let me look for it.

i'm back. this will show how it gets used (but not by me).

http://www.justcurves.biz/special_instructions.pdf

i hope that works.

just tested the link and it's good to go.

Blog Entries
    I bought mine here:

http://jhittlesewing.funoverload.com/sewing/catalog.php

It had the lowest price but if you think you will return it, don't buy it there because the site has a high re stocking fee.

it was cheaper at the show and she gave personal instructions. a very short one, but one. you could return and i got a free tweezer. i paid $25.

I too have seen the demonstration but I ask myself, why do you need it? I have no trouble with curved seams, at least for a double wedding ring pattern or 8 inch circles. I usually pin the middle and each end, then one pin midpoint between the middle and end. I usually but the curve that needs to stretch the most on the bottom. Then slowly proceed. I hope this will be less frustrating than using the fancy foot.

that's about the way i always did it, and the way i will probably end up doing it again.

i bought it thinking it would really speed things up and let me chain the curves (after all, the demonstrator did it!) and, in fact, before i bought it, i used it at the booth and it was very, very easy. of course, she was there giving me personalized instructions the whole time.

now that i own it, i don't want it to beat me!!! :evil: :evil:

Thank you. The Curvemaster does not come here every time (Denver), but does come often. Usually it is just a demo at her vendor space. This was the first time that she actually gave a class. Or at least, it is the first time I was aware of it. If she is not giving a class just ask her to let you sit down at her machine and have her "show" you until you get it. She's real nice.

it wasn't a real class. she just let me drive it around for a while under her watchful eye. she was petrified that i would sew myself to the table and sue her.

but i did get the feeling of it and thought WOW! how fast and easy.

i'm sure that if i commit enough unbroken time to practice, i would get it. but who can get that kind of time?

I stood behind her so I could see (in the proper position) what she was doing, then I sat in her chair and had her watch me and tell me what I was doing right and what I was doing wrong. When I got home I completed my "test" block to ingrain it in my memory....now I hope I will remember what I did next time I use it...haha...who knows when that will be.

i remember how to do it. the curvemaster foot forgot.

Iwent to quilters tv link that was posted on this thread and found the demo. you have to look in upper right hand corner and go through the list until you find the right one.

Margie

margie,

have you tried it? try it. you'll discover that it hates you. and it will turn blue and stamp it's feet before it ever works for you again.

Quilters TV???? yes, I have been watching it most of the day. I have brought it up several times and watched her demo. I am thinking about getting a curvemaster...if it doesnt work for sewing I might just run it up and down my body and see if it will make it improve.

Margie :)

not quilters tv. quilters tv loves you. it smiles every time it sees you.

it's the @#$%^&*! curvemaster that falls on the floor and plays dead!

:roll:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2