Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Custom Quilt labels Wanted >

Custom Quilt labels Wanted

Custom Quilt labels Wanted

Old 08-20-2014, 02:04 PM

sewnsewer2 is my "go to" for quilt labels. Great labels, no hassle, quick service.....Love her work.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:33 PM

If you were going to ink in the date, why don't you just print or write the whole thing out, turn under the sides, and slip stitch where you want it.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM

Sewnsewer2 is the best! She's made several labels for me and they are all beautiful. She is wonderful to work with and her turn-around time is fast!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:50 AM

Making your own labels is fun and makes the quilt a really personalized item. You can make them as big or as small as you like. I make pretty good sized labels because I want to put the story the quilt on them. Cut a piece of good quality muslin, border it with fabric from the quilt top, press the raw edges under and you've got a great label. You can also make your borders as if you are binding a quilt top. froggyintexas
Old 08-21-2014, 10:19 AM

I iron freezer paper to the back of muslin and put my information on that with fabric pens. I mark the seam lines, turn under & stitch to the back of my quilt. That way is more personal and they have it in my own handwriting such as it is.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:27 AM

I recently took the plunge in May and bought a fancy quilting/embroidery machine. I have registered my business -- Purr-Fect Stitches Creations and I am taking new orders. I have recently finished a couple quilt labels. Attached are photos. I am willing to take orders, email design ideas and ship anywhere, charging only the cost of shipping (not an inflated handling rate).
Attached Thumbnails 1907404_10204711022282241_3715234999848745071_n.jpg   20140820_210529.2.jpg  
Old 08-21-2014, 10:41 AM

Anybody ever try Aunt Martha's "embroidery paint" for labels?

My gran made me & my sister several dolls as a kid and she used these paints to create their faces; and she also made us matching quilts with Popeye and Olive Oil that she'd drawn & painted with these paints.

Dolls and quilts have both been through the wash numerous times (so many times that the yarn hair on the dolls is now felted together into dreadlocks!) but the paint still looks brand new. I still have 2 dolls and my Popeye quilt; my sister still has 2 dolls also that now her kids have played with and outgrown.

I just found out these paints are still being made! I'm going to order some and try them out. I think they'll lay down a lot more color than a pigma pen will, and if they're the same formulation as they used to be I think they'll last forever. They have pointy tips (I think might even be ball-point tips but not sure) so you can get very fine lines.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

I do mine like this. And sometimes like Bonnie Hunter tucking it into a fold in a corner. I have also done it along a block along a seam line.
Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
Can you embroider? I like to customize my labels for the receiver.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]488412[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488413[/ATTACH]
Old 08-22-2014, 03:41 PM

labels are really pretty easy to make. I either take a little material from the quilt, or maybe replicate the square in miniature... sew to a piece of light colored fabric... Then take a piece of fusible web, sew right sides together... cut a small hole in center of web only... turn so label is on the outside, write on it.... iron it on... and then I usually still tack down.. so easy... and edges are perfect.