Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cutting Bee in Michgan?

I taped a Fons and Porter show Saturday and haven't gotten a chance to watch the whole thing through yet... But because quilting technology has changed over time, quilting bees are nearly non-existent... So the show was about creating a Cutting Bee, where everyone brings fabric to the meeting, and strips are cut in 2.5 or 4.5 width. Then exchanges are made of strips....

It looked like fun.... Maybe the next meet and greet can be a cutting bee.

I would love to be in a cutting bee. Iam in MI and if anyone else would be interested just let me know.

Blog Entries
    There are a few shops here that still have them. It's great. The one shop that I really likes my teacher for most of my classes will be there during the bee and she encourages you to come in if you need help with anything. The whole shop is like that you can go in any time and get advice; use thier design board, pick thier brains. This is one of the many reasons why I like the LQS.

I watched the same Fons and Porter show and really enjoyed it. Not only did you cut fabric, but you got to exchange pieces with each other. I plan to watch it again!

Blog Entries
    I'll come if i can bring my Studio cutter ;-)

Blog Entries
    Hi...it is awsome job :) Is there a website to watch this Quilting Bee-Cutting Bee? I would live to see & tell my quilting group Stitch-N-Chatter here in Ukiah, OR.
    We are always trying to learn new things.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    I'll come if i can bring my Studio cutter ;-)

You could. I would love to see it in action.

I wish there was one in Calhoun County, MI. I think it would be fun.

That would be fun. Do you need to have a pattern in mind? I thought a quilting bee is a group getting together to quilt someone elses quilt. Keep everyone posted.
    Sue

Hi all you Michiganders...

The quilting bee is when people get together to quilt someone quilt - but because so many of us FMQ, or machine quilt now... the quilting bee is not so popular.

The cutting bee gives us all an excuse to get together, have eats, share our fabrics and get some more and have them all cut out ready to quilt.

I think I'm going to get brave and try and set something up. The challenge will be finding someplace with enough tables and space for us to spread out to cut. Hmmmmm.... Minds going now.