Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dallas Area Quilt and Fabric Store Reccomendations >

Dallas Area Quilt and Fabric Store Reccomendations

Dallas Area Quilt and Fabric Store Reccomendations

Old 12-10-2011, 10:12 AM

Red face Dallas Area Quilt and Fabric Store Reccomendations

I am going to be in Dallas for a few days in January. I have heard that Moda, P & B Fabrics, and United Notions may have warehouses to visit. Does anyone have any reccomendations? I'm also interested in any particularly special local quilt stores. Thanks so much in advance!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:27 AM

you should definately hit quilt heaven in quitman its a great store. the ladies there are a hoot. cabbage rose quilting in fort worth is great too i always try to get there when we go. theres also quilt asylum in mckinny i always enjoy going there and im sure there are loads of great places i havent found yet. ive never been to any of the warehouses my hubby would probably stroke out lol that much fabric would be too much temptation for me. theres tons of quilt shops in the dallas/fort worth area you could probably spend a month there and not find them all. i go alot to texas quiltworks in rockwall as well the people who own it are really nice and helpful and its super close to where my brother lives which is where i stay when i go to dallas to visit.
carla
Old 12-11-2011, 08:37 AM

For Civil War repros, Lonestar House of Quilts in Arlington. They're not far from the I-30/Cooper St. Intersection.

Unbelieveable collection of repros, made up tops and quilts, notions and supplies, patterns, classes - and all the ladies who work there are very nice and quite knowledgeable.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 AM

The Quilt Asylum is a great shop. Nice ladies. I'm not sure where we were in Dallas, but my granddaughter lives in Allen and we didn't travel too far.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:09 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

United Notions and P&B are open only to the trade, not the public.
Check out Quilt Country in Lewisville just off I-35 north of Dallas at the Fox Rd. exit. Tell Sandy Brawner, owner, Hi from me!

Jan in VA, former owner of Silver Threads in Plano (now closed)
Old 12-11-2011, 11:51 AM

Within a 50 mile radius of Dallas there are several quilt stores. The Quilt Asylum is in McKinney off of Hwy 75. There is another quilt store in McKinney close to the square downtown. There is a quilt store in Garland called Suzy's. They have lots of 30's fabrics or they did. In Carrollton there is The Old Craft Store. There is a Bernina store that carries fabric on Midway Rd right off 635. We are definitely blessed in our area as far as quilt stores.

mltquilt
Old 12-12-2011, 04:04 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions! I thought I had read about a fabric distribution warehouse in Texas where you were able to buy bolt ends and stuff. I had hoped it was P & J or Moda, disappointed about that.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:51 PM

If you like batiks, you have to go to Batiks Galore in Joshua. It's hard to find but a great store!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:40 PM

Suzy's in Garland is closing. Just got an email that everything is 70% off now. But when I went last week they didn't have much choice left. Bobbi
Old 12-12-2011, 06:45 PM

If you are going to be near interstate 75, there is Fabric Fanatics in Plano (they only sell batiks), there is the Quilt Asylum in McKinney and there is Happiness is quilting in McKinney. A little farther north is The Alford Inn in Van Alstyn.