Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Decisions...Decisions

Okay...I have just barely start piecing my "Danbury" quilt, and I am ALREADY thinking about the pattern for the hand quilting. I have been in several sites and EVERYTHING looks beautiful! How does one narrow down the choices? I know I like leaves and vines but even that has a wide variety. Tell me what you do to make a final choice.

that's a hard one. Some times I go by the size of the block, don't like SID , so don't do it, love pretty stencils! Vines sound pretty! I bet when the top is done it will come to you exactly what you want!

I try to go with a quilting pattern that matches the "feel" of the quilt. Bittersweet is a common vine in that area of CT and there are also a couple of vineyards nearby. And there's always Mountain Laurel, the state flower. You probably don't want to do hats, eh? Danbury is known as the Hat City. :) Ninnie's right, it will come to you in due time.

I had read that it is hat city. No I think I will stick with vines etc. Thanks for the names. I will research that.

By the time I finally finish the quilt sandwich some pattern just seems to call to me. That doesn't mean I don't change my mind sometimes.

Banned
    Vines :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I like to trace over the block with tracing paper, then I doodle in the shapes that are formed. I generally don't do the all over meandering, but do a mix of SID and then something in each block. I think about it from the original design time and all through the sandwiching process. I will finially come to you what is the best thing to do, but its always a hard decision for me. :roll:

What do you think of this?
    I could change my mind between now and then, but this is simple and pretty.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Your vine stencil is simple, but elegant. Leaves look like heart & will make it look great. Happy quilting.

I like your pattern. I think it'll look great.