Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Diaper Bag help

Diaper Bag help

My granddaughter saw the Bow Tuck purses I've been making and wants a larger one for a diaper bag/purse. Have any of you made this bag larger? I'm going to try to wing it but I'm really not good at adapting a pattern and making it look right. Would love any help you can give.

Thanks
    Debra

Yes, I made one deeper and a little wider for my sister when she had my niece. I also added pockets on the outside that are exactly like the ones on the inside, changed the straps to a single long cross-body strap and added a magnetic closure.

For the pattern I believe I left the bottom section the same and just added inches (maybe four?) to the height of the top section. If I made it any wider I just added an inch or two to the width of both the top and bottom sections.

ETA: I thought I'd posted a pic here
    Bow Tucks-Style Diaper Bag
    Last edited by JulieR; 12-25-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Thank you so much for posting this. I think this is exactly what she's looking for. I will send her the link.
    Debra

I made the professional tote from this pattern - http://thecreativethimble.com/cart/i...products_id=40. It can also be used as a diaper bag.

I made it wider and added a couple inches equally to both the top and bottom pieces. I also added inches to the height too. Hope that makes sense.
    Kathy